Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How To Alphabetize The Bible Tabs

9 replies to this topic

#1 jahiddle

jahiddle

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

Is there a way I can alphabetize the bible tabs where it goes from A-Z? My tabs are a mess and I'd like them to be in order.

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:26 PM

You can use this app to re-order the tabs: http://www.biblesupp...0067-resourcer/

#3 jahiddle

jahiddle

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 01:03 AM

So how do I use this resource to reorder the tabs?

#4 johanseb

johanseb

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 03:57 PM

please, could somebody tell a complete ignoramus how to use Resourcer (step by step)? And what are its uses?

thanks, and blessings!

Edited by johanseb, 24 November 2014 - 04:40 PM.

#5 dysert

dysert

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:28 AM

please, could somebody tell a complete ignoramus how to use Resourcer (step by step)? And what are its uses?

thanks, and blessings!

I just downloaded the Resourcer and started playing with. I've also started reading the Help file for it. I don't see (yet) how it can be used to reorder tabs. Seems to me that the Bible tabs will always appear in alphabetical order by the tab's underlying file name. So my *guess* is that the only way to get the tabs in a different order would be to rename the underlying file name in Windows. The Resourcer will at least tell you the tab's file name, so you can use Windows Explorer to find it and rename it.

Hopefully, someone with more experience with the Resourcer will come along and tell me I'm all wet  :rolleyes:

#6 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,665 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:03 AM

http://www.biblesupp...ibrary-manager/

This is the app for doing what you want. But eSword does not order things in the way you might expect It has A at bottom left and proceeds up as a card index would do it. I tend to look top left and go down, viewing the tabs as if they were on a sheet of paper.

Jon

#7 dysert

dysert

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationIndiana, USA

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:09 AM

http://www.biblesupp...ibrary-manager/

This is the app for doing what you want. But eSword does not order things in the way you might expect It has A at bottom left and proceeds up as a card index would do it. I tend to look top left and go down, viewing the tabs as if they were on a sheet of paper.

Jon

That's a cool utility and provides the capability of reordering without going out to Windows to do it. Nicely done.

#8 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:26 PM

Is there a way I can alphabetize the bible tabs where it goes from A-Z? My tabs are a mess and I'd like them to be in order.

Although I'm sort of late in the game here, I think I might be able to help with your Tab dilema.

I remember I responded to a similar post some time ago, but can't remember the title of that post and when it was.

e-Sword sorts tags usually alphabetically if the Tab Name is the same as the File name. To ensure that your tab is sorted in its proper alphabeitical order, ensure that your File name matches the tab name, e.g., if you have, say, an NIV Bible, and your Tab says NIV, but your file name says, The NIB Bible.bblx then the NIV will be listed as a T. So for that not to happen, you will need to make sure that NIV.bblx is your file name. Remember, I'm only using the NIV purely as an example.

Please let me know how things have woked out for you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#9 jahiddle

jahiddle

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:26 PM

Well I got it to where it's almost alphabetic order.

#10 jahiddle

jahiddle

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:10 PM

God Bless you all always for your advice!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users