Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Closing or Hiding a Bible translation

7 replies to this topic

#1 gpence

gpence

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:48 PM

I really like e-sword, but I am frustrated by not figuring out how to configure one particular option (nor can I find it when I search the forums). I have downloaded about 10 translations which now appear as tabbed versions in the Bibles section of the screen. There are 2 particular versions I don't want to see anymore (but I would like to be able to see them once in a while). Is there a way to hide them? If not, can I uninstall them? I've tried the typical right-click (hoping for a contextual menu) and I looked at the Downloads screen, but I can find an option to do what I want it to do.

Ideas?

Thanks,

gpence

#2 billhuff2002

billhuff2002

Module Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,895 posts
  • LocationFrederick, MD, USA

Posted 04 November 2014 - 03:56 PM

Yes.  In e-sword, go to options, resources and unckeck the bible versions you do not want to see.  They will not be deleted and can be added back into the view by checking them at any time.

#3 gpence

gpence

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:12 PM

Thank you, BillHuff2002! LOL, I guess my mind didn't see it as a "resource" -- I was looking at Bibles and downloads!

#4 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 04 November 2014 - 06:56 PM

It gives you the option of selecting which resources you wish to see.  ;-)

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#5 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:13 PM

It gives you the option of selecting which resources you wish to see.  ;-)

Also it gives you the opportunity to permanantly delete that resource if you no longer wish to keep it. Simply Left Click the resource you wish to get rid of in any of the Checked Listbox, then click on the "Delete Resource Permantently" context menu item..

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#6 celebratejesus

celebratejesus

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 October 2023 - 10:58 AM

Yes.  In e-sword, go to options, resources and unckeck the bible versions you do not want to see.  They will not be deleted and can be added back into the view by checking them at any time.

thank you Bill, I am so glad to be really, finally getting into using E-sword. Got it many years ago and never used it, but I just figure God's timing is perfect.  I love all the bells & whistles.  Looking forward to using the App on my PC and meeting more folks in the forums, as I'll need help, pretty sure ;) Denise, a sister in Christ.  PS So glad this App has the TS2009 version.  I am excited to take a look at it as a close friend in Christ sent me a scripture from it, and I had never seen it written like that.  Love learning God's Word!

"I wouldn't be caught dead without Jesus as my Saviour" Anonymous

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

#7 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 03 October 2023 - 11:55 AM

e-Sword USER GUIDE - MANUAL FOR e-SWORD FOR WINDOWS - Hint for Celebratejesus and other new users. This will help one to learn about e-Sword most efficiently.

While using e-Sword for Windows, while e-Sword is running, tap your pointer into the e-Sword open window, to identify to the PC what you are interested in looking at, then press the F1 function key. This will call up the e-Sword User's Manual from the folder in your PC where you downloaded your e-Sword Resources. The file name is e-sword_guide.pdf and will open with any appropriate internet browser, or with Adobe Acrobat. This can be printed. (pages i-xii and 1-245). 

Use Ctrl+F [that means press Ctrl then while this is depressed, also press the F key. Then release both keys. This will enable you to search to find a word that you think may be appropriate for what you are looking for. This was last updated to e-Sword for Windows version 10.4 in 2014. There have not been too many changes since then. I suggest you read your way through this manual, from beginning to the end. 

Also have a look at the training files from the designer of e-Sword for Windows, Rick Meyers, from www.e-sword.net on the "Training" option. Work you way through these, consecutively. Then read the "About" tab, to get some history of how e-Sword was developed. Also have a look at the contents of answers in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) option. 

If e-sword, option "Downloads" does not have the Bible, or Commentary, or Dictionary, or other resource you are looking for, try the search option from Bible Support. 

#8 celebratejesus

celebratejesus

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 October 2023 - 12:13 PM

I have the manual now and thank you for your response. Denise

"I wouldn't be caught dead without Jesus as my Saviour" Anonymous

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me"

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users