Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Where are the modules / resources stored?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RAStauch

RAStauch

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationFort Myers, FL

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:29 AM

I downloaded a number of Bibles, Commentaries and Dictionaries, and I've looked everywhere I can think of, but I can't locate the files. The KJV and other files that come with eSword are located in the Program Files (x86)\eSword folder, and the Topic note files and such are in My Documents\eSword folder. But where did all the others go? I looked in App Data in my Users\Owner folders, and in the Common Files folder under Program Files (x86). They aren't there. I need to know! :(

Thanks,

Richard

PS, FYI, I have a new Acer Aspire E5 running Windows 8.1 with Bing, 64-bit. I have eSword 10.4, and it's working fine.

#2 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:55 AM

What browser to you use (IE, Firefox, Chrome,..)?

Look to the tools tab or the configuration of your browser for the downloads folder.

or click on the file tab above or type Ctrl+S to save a page (this is the download folder)

The default is:

C:\Users\username\Downloads

Restored Holy Bible(7.0) and the Restored Textus Receptus

http://rhb.altervista.org/homepage.htm

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,843 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:20 AM

I downloaded a number of Bibles, Commentaries and Dictionaries, and I've looked everywhere I can think of, but I can't locate the files. The KJV and other files that come with eSword are located in the Program Files (x86)\eSword folder, and the Topic note files and such are in My Documents\eSword folder. But where did all the others go? I looked in App Data in my Users\Owner folders, and in the Common Files folder under Program Files (x86). They aren't there. I need to know! :(

Thanks,

Richard

PS, FYI, I have a new Acer Aspire E5 running Windows 8.1 with Bing, 64-bit. I have eSword 10.4, and it's working fine.

I think your problem was solved in another thread but, the answer to your question: press CTRL-J to view all of your downloads. When using Chrome, you can navigate to the folder the download is stored in.

#4 HearHisVoice

HearHisVoice

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:00 AM

After many hours of screwing around with my laptops trying to transfer user data to my other system without downloading everything over again, I finally determined where this elusive data was stored.  I'm so frustrated I could scream at the developers for not considering this for their users and also for seeing that nobody has answered this 3 yr old thread.  I figure I'd put the solution up to help others searching.

The modules are stored in the hidden folder "AppData" under the specific users account on "C:" drive.  My particular data store was over 500 megs of add-ons!  Spent so much time goofing around with this and creating an account on this forum just to post the answer that now I've run out of time for a daily devotion, gee thanks!!!

C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\e-Sword

Win 7 64bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users