Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

New Download

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:58 PM

Step by step:

1. Download the e-Sword Module Installer. Install it: http://www.biblesupp...dule-installer/

2. AFTER #1 above. Press CTRL-J in your browser to view all of your downloads. Find the Broadus topx module. Click "Open" or "Run". 

3. The e-Sword Module Installer will place the file in the right location. Restart e-Sword and look for Broadus in the Reference Library. The Reference Library is under Tools > Reference Library.

#12 dbax

dbax

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:10 AM

Hum, I just went to a new Laptop and downloaded, from the esword site, the latest version 10 of E-Sword and guess what?  I have lost all of my TopicX enteries.  I am thinking that this has more to do with the topic.topx than a single topic download. 

I have been looking for the answer myself, but from a different view -- I have lost access to all of my Topic Notes -- blank.  There isn't any entries at the bottom of the Topic window, none.  I transferred my topic,topx file over to the new install without any results.  All of the modules for the other windows, the Bibles, Dictionaries, Commentaries, etc.  all transferred over but the Topic Notes and those modules associated with that window did not.  I am going to uninstall and go back to the previous version until this is solved.   

#13 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:39 AM

A suggestion first....

You did not say *which* version of Windows the laptop has installed on it but I would assume it is either 8.x or 10.

I do not have either installed here, only v7.

None the less, try placing the topic.topx file in one of these places. (I am guessing that you have already tried the first location. I am simply including it to be as complete as I can.)

C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword
C:\Users\your-user-name-goes-here\Documents\e-Sword
C:\Users\your-user-name-goes-here\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword

I *think* the systems topic.topx file wants to live in the second location.

I hope this may help.

Roy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users