Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

New Download

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Roger Duke

Roger Duke

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:14 PM

Hello all:

I have downloaded Broadus's sermons but where are they in E Sword? Needed help please!!!!

rd

#2 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:25 PM

I see there are Top and Topx files under that name if you have eSword 9 and up you need Topx

In eSword you will find it under topic notes in the editor window  

You must put the file in the folder the the editor is reading or you will have to navigate from the topic screen to where it was downloaded

added

there is a drop down widow of topx files at the bottom of the topic notes window

Edited by DSaw, 02 October 2014 - 03:27 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 02 October 2014 - 05:34 PM

Hello all:

I have downloaded Broadus's sermons but where are they in E Sword? Needed help please!!!!

rd

Hi Roger,

e-Sword comes with a very comprehensive User's Guide, which will tell you where things are in e-Sword.

With that said, it seems to me you are a new user of e-Sword, and if that is the case I both genuinely and seriously recommend you to go through the User's Guide and accustom  yourself with the program. To access the User's Guide, simply press F1 on your keyboard, or click on Contents... in the help menu.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:51 PM

The files you're talking about are probably Topic files with a ".topx" extension. If so, try clicking the reference library icon (main e-Sword menu - far right). Your reference library will open and you should see a center bar with file names on it. Click it and find your downloads. They are in alphabetical order. Click the file and you should see what you want to.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#5 Roger Duke

Roger Duke

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:54 PM

The files you're talking about are probably Topic files with a ".topx" extension. If so, try clicking the reference library icon (main e-Sword menu - far right). Your reference library will open and you should see a center bar with file names on it. Click it and find your downloads. They are in alphabetical order. Click the file and you should see what you want to.

Thanks friend I have done all of that--I think!!! What I think I need is the "topx" plug in? Am I right? Please help I am very frustrated with the whole deal!! :o When you say "reference library" you mean on this web page or the esword I downloaded?

Please advise.

Confused saint.

#6 Roger Duke

Roger Duke

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:57 PM

I see there are Top and Topx files under that name if you have eSword 9 and up you need Topx

In eSword you will find it under topic notes in the editor window  

You must put the file in the folder the the editor is reading or you will have to navigate from the topic screen to where it was downloaded

added

there is a drop down widow of topx files at the bottom of the topic notes window

Very confused and thank you for your help. The topx plug in is in the E Sword home page or the new version I have downloaded?

Please advise.

#7 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 04 October 2014 - 10:32 AM

Roger Duke,

Hello, I was talking about within the e-Sword program when I mentioned the reference library icon. You don't need a plug-in for topic files, as that is built into e-Sword already. Turn on e-Sword and try what I asked you to.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#8 Roger D Duke

Roger D Duke

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:23 PM

Done all that they are still not there. I think I need to download or other wise manupulate the topx plug in or file or whatever.

rd

#9 Roger Duke

Roger Duke

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:51 PM

Hi Roger,

e-Sword comes with a very comprehensive User's Guide, which will tell you where things are in e-Sword.

With that said, it seems to me you are a new user of e-Sword, and if that is the case I both genuinely and seriously recommend you to go through the User's Guide and accustom  yourself with the program. To access the User's Guide, simply press F1 on your keyboard, or click on Contents... in the help menu.

Blessings,

Dear Friend,'

I need a step by step to get through the process. Can you provide such to me?

rd

#10 Roger Duke

Roger Duke

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 03:58 PM

Hello all:

I am old school and hate to be so obtuse. What I need is a blow by blow on how to put the Broadus sermons in the topx file into the e sword.

Number one do this

Number two do this

Number three do this

etc.

I have downloaded the Broadus topx file, where is it, how do I execute, etc/

Please help.

drd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users