Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Question regarding the eSword Word 2010 macros

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 rfdillon

rfdillon

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:14 PM

Folks:  

I have used PC study Bible in past years, and recently attempted to use the paste reference macros in Word 2010, and nothing seems to work.

I installed ESword, as well as the macros for Office 2010, and while they show up in the list of macros, none of them apparently will go out to eSword and bring me the text of the passage that I have written in Word 2010.  I should say that this is on a Windows 7 64 bit PC.

Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to use these macros, and will they do what I want done, that is, I type a reference in Word, and then the macro goes out to ESword, copies the text of the reference, and pastes it in to Word 2010?  Thanks so very much in advance for your help!

#2 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:17 AM

Hi

did you Install the latest versions of e-Sword and the 2010 macros 

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#3 rfdillon

rfdillon

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:12 AM

Yes, I installed version 10.4.0, along with the macros.  The macros show up in Microsoft Word under view, macros, but I do not see an eSword tool bar.  I go to the macros, highlight them, and hit the run button, and nothing happens.  It is the same whether or not I highlight the text of the passage reference or not.  That is why I am asking regarding how to use these macros.  Thanks in advance for your help!

#4 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:37 AM

are you saying in word when you right click on where the Toolbars appear the e-Sword macros toolbar is not listed

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#5 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:39 AM

also what security level do you have set for your macros 

#6 rfdillon

rfdillon

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

If I go to Add-ins, I see n;o tool bars.  I see the macros listed under view Macros, but they don't seem to do anything when I run the macro.  In Trust Center settings, I have set 'Enable All Macros, and I have checked  "Trust access to the VBA project object model".

#7 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 September 2014 - 05:17 PM

I'm sorry I'm unable to help any further my 2003 word must be vastly different from word 2010

maybe someone with word 2010 will help

#8 rfdillon

rfdillon

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 06:37 PM

Yes, Word 2003 and 2010 are vastly different.  The Visual Basic for Application API is different, and security was vastly beefed up between Office 2003 and Office 2010.  Thanks so much any way, for your suggestions!

#9 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:27 PM

The utility program e-Sword HotKey gives you all the utility of the Macros for Word and more, and works with other programs as well. 

#10 rfdillon

rfdillon

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:38 PM

Where does one find the eSword hot key utility?  I don't see it on the extras page where the Macros are listed.  Thanks in advance for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users