Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Cross-platform issue

No replies to this topic

#1 CMaker3

CMaker3

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

Greetings all!

I use e-Sword on my Windows 7 Pro laptop and the lite version on my iPodTouch 4Gen. I did away with the iPodTouch when I bought a Samsung Galaxy S5. While they have MySword, I'm quite particular on the bible versions that I use which aren't the same on the MySword. I have premium bible versions:

1. The Complete Jewish Bible
2. Revised Standard Version Bible
3. New American Standard Bible (NASB) Study Set Add-On
4. New Living Translation® for e-Sword
5. NIV 2011 Bundle: NIV AND NIRV for e-Sword

I also have "The Daily Journey" audio bible narrated by Tom Dooley which uses NLT, installed on my iPodTouch and now on my android. I've tried others, but I'm just picky.

I'm a (nominal) Catholic and began reading (or listening) to the bible in Nov/2003, and was amazed at what I've been missing. So many important things from God that are not being taught to us by those who are responsible.

Everything is so politicized. And then one day I (re-)discovered the Word of God. But even then I was conflicted because there are so many versions of Scripture. I hoped (and still do) that I can read the Hebraic text  because I have come to believe that in today's world of lies and confusion, one has to go back to the "source" to get to the truth. And I believe that the closest version is either in Aramain/Hebrew or Greek (Septuagint). Neither of which I know. I can go on but this isn't the issue of my post.

My issue is that I can't have these version on MySword on the android.

I'd like to be able to read the versions that I've become accustomed to. Sometimes I need to check verses because honestly there are stuff in the bible, especially in the Old Testament that I've never read before, that surprise me.

I guess my question is: how do I get to put the above premium bible versions on MySword? Has anyone done this and if so can you please share it?

I'm not a scholar. All I want is to read God's Word.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. And I hope you can help.

Have a blessed day.

Horace

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users