Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

PROBLEM READING NOTE FILES IN TOOL TIP

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Tom

Tom

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:26 AM

Sirs,

After typing lots of notes into my esword note file, I attempted to use the Tool Tip and "read a note file."  It leaves out dozens of my notes and cuts some of them short.  Anybody having same problem and if so how to fix it?

#2 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:58 AM

Sirs,

After typing lots of notes into my esword note file, I attempted to use the Tool Tip and "read a note file."  It leaves out dozens of my notes and cuts some of them short.  Anybody having same problem and if so how to fix it?

Hi Tom

If you are referring to the study notes then what might be causing your issues might be the sync link 

it's an icon that looks like a chain

what this icon does is if you click on a verse it will jump your study notes to that verse

so you may think your on a verse but since you clicked on another verse to get a reference for your study notes because of the link it jump to the new verse

this happens only in commentaries if selected and study notes if selected but is link to the bible verse

Edited by DSaw, 05 September 2014 - 11:01 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#3 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 September 2014 - 03:25 PM

Sirs,

Perhaps you can post your notes file and a list of some of the data you have found that is not loaded into tooltip so we can duplicate the issue.  

#4 Tom

Tom

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:58 AM

now do i post a notx file?

#5 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:03 AM

now do i post a notx file?

Click the "More Reply Options", which will have an button for attaching files.  You may need to zip the file first.

#6 Tom

Tom

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:07 AM

Attached is a zip file of my "Study.notx."  If you open hte file in ESword, I have only two entries.  One is at 1 Cor. 4:1 the other at 1 Cor. 4:2.   If you open the tool tip NT program, the references show up but the notes do not. Any help is appreciated.

Tom

#7 Tom

Tom

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:09 AM

I am presently using Windows 8.1, but the same problem exists on my Vista computer.   I tried the ToolTip 3.2 version but no help.

#8 Tom

Tom

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:17 AM

I reversed the proceedure.  I created a TOOL TIP file and saved it as "study2.notx" and then opened it in my ESword program.  At the two references mentioned the references I entered in the TOOL TIP appear, namely:

1Cor_4:1  and 1Cor_4:2.   It would appear that I need to enter the reference in each note of my ESword for the ToolTip to read the full notes.

#9 Tom

Tom

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:24 AM

I opened my ESword file that contains all my notes on 1 Corinthians.   I went to note on 1 Cor. 4:1, and at the top entered "1Cor_4:1."  Did the same at entry in 4:2, but when I opened the file in TOOL TIP, it still did not read the attached notes.  This is truly a "mystery" to me.

#10 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

There is a bug in TTNT and I believe I have fixed it.  Changed one line of code and added one on an unrelated issue.  

I have put up an update for you to try.  You can download it here:

https://dl.dropboxus...TIPTOOLNT237.w3

Put the downloaded file into your "c:\program files (x86)\e-Sword Tooltip Tool NT" folder, close and restart the program.  Try reading your notes file again.  

Note - to remove this update, just delete the downloaded file and restart the program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users