Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Problem making .bblx using ToolTip NT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#21 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

I launched ToolTip NT. I pasted your header and my first 3 sample verses, with the first verse having your Greek.

It generated a bblx file that displayed properly in e-Sword.

Attached is the file I used.

Attached File  bible-test.rtf   2.83K   11 downloads

#22 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:22 AM

Attached File  soft break.png   51.89K   26 downloads

there are not many that use softbreaks in bblx and those who did the space was not that big of an issue

and as for esword not having as many greek manuscripts as some other software  there are many public domain greek manuscripts in esword there are some in the bible section but most are in the ancient text section

Edited by DSaw, 04 September 2014 - 09:28 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#23 SteveDonn75

SteveDonn75

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:01 PM

I launched ToolTip NT. I pasted your header and my first 3 sample verses, with the first verse having your Greek.

It generated a bblx file that displayed properly in e-Sword.

Attached is the file I used.

attachicon.gifbible-test.rtf

Below is what is in the .rtf file you listed and I copied that into ToolTip NT.

#define description=Experiment

#define abbreviation=EXP

#define comments=

#define version=1

#define strong=0

#define right2left=0

#define ot=0

#define nt=1

#define font=DEFAULT

#define apocrypha=0

÷Mat 1:1 ΚΑΤΑ ΜΑΘΘΑΙΟΝ
Βίβλος γενέσεως Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ υἱοῦ Δαυὶδ υἱοῦ Ἀβραάμ.

Mat 1:2 your text here

Mat 1:3 your text here

Below is how it comes out in the eSword program itself.

Mat 1:1 ΚΑΤΑ ΜΑΘΘΑΙΟΝ

As you can see the title of the book comes out perfect but the first verse in Greek does not.

#24 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:15 PM

For me, the verse does show properly in e-Sword. And it did for user Dsaw too, based on his screenshot.

Here's the bblx I generated. Does the verse show for you? Extract it, place it in your e-Sword folder, and restart e-Sword, please.

One common mistake new module makers make is they end up with two experimental modules in their e-Sword folder. The modules have different filenames, but the same abbreviation name. This can cause extreme frustration because e-Sword displays only the first module it finds when there are 2 modules with the same abbreviation. The result is you make changes to a module but the changes don't appear in e-Sword for you because e-Sword is only displaying the first module it found with that abbreviation, rather than both modules with the same abbreviation.

Attached File  exp.zip   1.02K   11 downloads

#25 SteveDonn75

SteveDonn75

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:16 PM

IT IS NOT READING THE GREEK COMPLETELY!

It may show the first line in Greek but the rest of it is some Greek letters here and there with rectangular squares replacing the rest of the Greek letters.

#26 SteveDonn75

SteveDonn75

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:20 PM

For me, the verse does show properly in e-Sword. And it did for user Dsaw too, based on his screenshot.

Here's the bblx I generated. Does the verse show for you? Extract it, place it in your e-Sword folder, and restart e-Sword, please.

attachicon.gifexp.zip

That is not how it appears in my eSword and as far as I know everything is set to default just as I downloaded it so apparently there's some setting that need to be adjusted for the Greek to show up properly.

What controls the Greek settings and how should they be configured?

Something is not right here because it will show some of the Greek but some of it also is in rectangular squares as if it is a blank character that the program does not know.

Edited by Josh Bond, 04 September 2014 - 12:27 PM.

#27 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

That is not how it appears in my eSword and as far as I know everything is set to default just as I downloaded it so apparently there's some setting that need to be adjusted for the Greek to show up properly.

What controls the Greek settings and how should they be configured?

Please download and install the exp module I put in my post above. Use my module.

Delete all other experimental modules you may have made, especially if they have the same EXP tab abbreviation.

Then restart e-Sword. Also make sure you are running e-Sword 10.4.0

#28 SteveDonn75

SteveDonn75

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:44 PM

Please download and install the exp module I put in my post above. Use my module.

Delete all other experimental modules you may have made, especially if they have the same EXP tab abbreviation.

I downloaded the .zip you listed.

I cut it from the "Downloads" and pasted it in the ToolTip NT folder in "Documents".

Extracted it in the ToolTip NT folder in "Documents".

Copied the exp file and pasted it in the C:>Programs>eSword folder.

Opened up the eSword program itself to see what it looks like and below is it.

Mat 1:1 ΚΑΤΑ ΜΑΘΘΑΙΟΝ
Β βλος γεν σεως  ησο  Χριστο  υ ο  Δαυ δ υ ο   βρα μ.

You see?

The title comes out alright and it is in Greek but for some reason the next line that also is in Greek is missing the Greek letters.

By the way, the blanks are not blanks in the eSword program but are square characters that are blank on the inside to show an unknown character.

I tried using the Character Map and post the squares in the text on this webiste but it did not work so I just left an empty space there.

#29 SteveDonn75

SteveDonn75

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:52 PM

The eSword in my "Downloads" is setup1030.

I will download the eSword 10.4 .0 update from http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html and see if there is a change in the Greek characters.

Edited by SteveDonn75, 04 September 2014 - 12:52 PM.

#30 SteveDonn75

SteveDonn75

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

Characters are still missing and I am now using eSword 10.4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users