Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Problem making .bblx using ToolTip NT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#1 SteveDonn75

SteveDonn75

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:00 AM

I tried to post a detailed account of what happened last night on this forum but kept getting an anti spam message that prevented me.

I even condensed my original post dramitically almost to the point of being vague and still got an antispam message.

I was referred to send an email to josh@biblesupport.com about the issue.

I did and he emailed me back stating that I should download the new version of TooTip (ToolTip NT).

I downloaded it from a user account BH that josh listed.

Norton360 snagged it because it has bad reputation apparently.

Does not mean it has a virus because none was detected so that leads me to believe somebody either gave it a bad review for whatever reason or did it just to be spieful towards anything related to Christianity or maybe both.

Anyhow I got Norton to restore it.

I followed the ToolTip .pdf but error messages still pop up.

Last night it did create the file and I did paste it into the eSword directory folder.

I then opened up the eSword program and the abbrviation for what I made was listed in the Bible section but when I clicked on nothing was shown.

I twould be most helpful if somebody who makes eSword modules and uses the ToolTip NT to make a detailed step-by-step video showing how to make the various modules.

Or a tutorial using pictures that is step-by-step.

The TooltTip NT .pdf (pg 57, 58) on how to make a .bblx file did not help and was not detailed enough.

You know, this is really beginning to annoy me on this website forum.

Apparently I am not allowed to post images thus limiting a detailed show-and-tell of my problem.

Now I am getting the message that I cannot post an image extension thus again, limiting my ability to show -and-tell my problem.

Edited by SteveDonn75, 03 September 2014 - 06:06 AM.

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:26 AM

÷Gen 1:1 or Mat 1:1 then ur text

֦

Hi this is wrong it should be

Please read how to make ur own modules.

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 SteveDonn75

SteveDonn75

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:12 AM

How do you expect to solve a persons problem when the forum does not allow images and/or image extensions in order to show what the actual problem looks like?
I just gave a very detailed explanation of my problem using pictures from the "Print Screen" key on my keyboard but apparently that is not allowed on this website so I had to delete them from my post thus condensing my explanation.
Then I tried posting it "Again" but cannot post because image extensions are not allowed either so I delete those also thus condensing my post even more.

So basically I cannot post the error message or a picture of it.
If I posted "I have a problem with ToolTip NT" but gave no explanation, whose fault is that?
Then when I'm asked "what do the error messages look like", I reply "Apparently, showing you is not allowed".
"Well then how is somebody supposed to help you?"
To that I reply "EXACTLY!"

Whoever is running this website needs to get with the program in this day and age.

This is most frustrating.

It is like going to an auto repair shop that specializes in transmission repair and telling them you have a problem with your transmission but then they tell you they cannot help you.

Edited by SteveDonn75, 03 September 2014 - 06:30 AM.

#4 SteveDonn75

SteveDonn75

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:17 AM

֦

thanks

I DID READ IT!

I DID JUST LIKE YOU SHOWED!

NOTHING!

If you know how to do then why don't you post a video on YouTube.com or another video hosting website showing it?

Why don't you show a more in-depth account on how to do it using pictures?

÷ΚΑΤΑ ΜΑΘΘΑΙΟΝ 1:1¶

That's what I typed in?

Then I get an error for that and also the Greek font does not show up but instead is shown with ???? ??TT???? 1:1.

Edited by SteveDonn75, 03 September 2014 - 06:17 AM.

#5 SteveDonn75

SteveDonn75

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:23 AM

I read the ToolTip NT .pdf for making Bible modules (pg 57-61).

Did just like it showed and NOTHING!

#6 SteveDonn75

SteveDonn75

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:37 AM

֦

thanks

And where is "how to make ur own modules" so I can read it?

Is it on the internet?

If so, then where?

Is it in in the ToolTip NT .pdf?

If so where?

I do not see no title in the ToolTip NT .pdf that reads "how to make ur own modules".

You need to be more specific here if you expect to help somebody.

ALWAYS BE SPECIFIC AND NOT VAGUE.

In your case it should be easy but in my case of trying to show and explain my problem is hard since I'm practically tied to do so on this website.

Edited by SteveDonn75, 03 September 2014 - 06:38 AM.

#7 SteveDonn75

SteveDonn75

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:42 AM

I'm done here for now as I need to get away from this issue and go take care of my dogs.

I'll check back back later to see if this issue actually has an answer or specific reference to the answer for this issue.

#8 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

To post images, you have to click "More Reply options" when replying to a thread. It's the button lower, right of where you type your reply.

After clicking that, you will see the large green letters "Attach Files". People routinely post JPG and PNG images. However, there is a size limit here as there is every forum. I'm guessing you tried uploading a several megabyte screenshot and the forum software balked.

Making a Bible is not something that takes a few minutes. It's a simple, but repetitive process.

Pages 57-59 of the ToolTip NT manual describe, in detail, this process. If you are unwilling to read these 3 pages, we probably can't help you unless you have a specific question. "Make me a video" is not a question I can help you with. 

The Bible text In ToolTip NT must be arranged like this image (from the manual):

Attached File  tt.jpg   80.03K   38 downloads

The manual and picture above show the first few verses of Genesis. The rest of the Bible is completed in this same format. Step 8 on page 59 describes how to generate the Bible module after you have formatted the text.

#9 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

http://www.biblesupp...r-edition-akjv/

hi this is a bible Bh put together
here is it in rtf to be open with Tool Tip Tool NT
Attached File  American King James Version.zip   1.73MB   7 downloads

I think the abbreviations has to be in English
look over and rework to what you want yours to be like.

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#10 SteveDonn75

SteveDonn75

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

Modules>Module Define Variable>BBLX – Bible File

I fill in the information as shown below.

#define description=Nestle-Aland Novum Testamentum Graece 28th Revised Edition

#define abbreviation=NA28

#define comments=Personal use only

#define version=1

#define strong=0

#define right2left=0

#define ot=0

#define nt=1

#define font=DEFAULT

#define apocrypha=0

÷ΚΑΤΑ ΜΑΘΘΑΙΟΝ 1¶

1:1 Βίβλος γενέσεως Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ υἱοῦ Δαυὶδ υἱοῦ Ἀβραάμ.

I go to Modules>Bible>Save Bible File book chap:verse

Userve Me>Documents and “Save” as NA28.bblx

Then an “Error” message pops up.

I click “OK” then another “Error” message appears in which it appears that the Greek is not there.

I click “OK” and now a “Bad Reference” pops up referring to the Greek I’m assuming.

I click “OK” and another “Bad Reference” message appears which is referring to the Greek font I guess.

I click “OK” and a message comes up “File Created”.

I go to Documents and the NA28.bblx file is there but I Cut and Paste it into the eSword ToolTip NT folder that is in Documents.

I then Copy the NA28.bblx file and paste it into the PC eSword folder.

Then I open the e-Sword program to see if it is there.

As shown, the “Abbreviation” is perfect and so is the “Description” when the Mouse hovers over the Abbreviation tab.

But, Matthew 1:1 does not appear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users