Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-sword bible versions

12 replies to this topic

#11 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

The KJO police will be looking for you!

Hi Mike,

No worries bro, we have ways and means of dealing with them.Attached File  Zorro.gif   23.25K   1 downloads That said, I cut my teeth on the KJV as a new and young Christian.

BTW, I prefer the NASB for the same reasons you prefer the NKJV and use multiple translations since I don't read Greek or Hebrew (and then which manuscript would I use).

The NASB is one of those that I regularly refer to, and find it very helpful.

Also I don't have a copy of the CJB!

This is available from eStudySource at a very reasonable price of US$14.99.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 26 August 2014 - 01:39 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#12 mikecindi

mikecindi

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

I too grew up with the KJV and even though I've been using the NASB for several years now when I search it's the KJV wording that I recall.

#13 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

Same here, sometimes I cannot get results on my searches, I switch to KJV and usually the search turns up exactly what I was looking for.

Back in the 50s and 60s when I was a kid the KJV was the only game in town for a protestant.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users