Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

What else would you like to see for e-Sword?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 Rusty Ford

Rusty Ford

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:19 AM

I would like to see the Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (TDNT) or the abridged version. I would gladly pay for this version as most pastors I know. I know the owners would have to approve but they have given their approval to other software programs.

#32 hjcarlson

hjcarlson

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:00 PM

I would like to see a good, concise grammar of NT Greek in eSword format.

#33 Slave of The Lord Jesus

Slave of The Lord Jesus

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:10 PM

Yo!

Since you asked for Public Domain material, I would like to suggest the DARBY translation compatible for the e-Sword 10 versions. There is a e-Sword 8 version, but that one only works for the previous versions.

Your brother,

Parker Dingeldein

#34 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:46 PM

The Darby version is available as an Official Download from within e-Sword itself.

Menu > Download > Bibles.

#35 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:03 PM

Yo!

Since you asked for Public Domain material, I would like to suggest the DARBY translation compatible for the e-Sword 10 versions. There is a e-Sword 8 version, but that one only works for the previous versions.

Your brother,

Parker Dingeldein

The Darby version is available as an Official Download from within e-Sword itself.

Menu > Download > Bibles.

Hi Parker,

I'm not certain if you are aware of the fact that e-Sword has a Download Manager built into it, of which you can download quite a number of free Bible translations, of which the Darby Translation is one of them. Moreover, if you have  a decent look in e-Sword's Download Manager, you will notice that there are also quite a large number of other free resources which you can download. The beaut thing about using this built in Download Manager, is that you don't have to manually install any of the resources as it puts them directly in your e-Sword folder. Makes life really easy and cruisey.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 21 June 2016 - 03:03 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#36 Mike Maney

Mike Maney

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMissoula, Montana

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:50 AM

"The Theocratic Kingdom" by George Peters

#37 GodIsGreat

GodIsGreat

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 09:46 AM

This is it.

http://www.biblesupp...kingdom-3-vols/

"The Theocratic Kingdom" by George Peters

#38 bookworm1711

bookworm1711

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:32 PM

I would highly recommend a 2-volume set by J. H. Blunt:

​Dictionary of Doctrinal and Historical Theology

(Rivington's, 1872. 825 pages)

Dictionary of Sects, Heresies, Ecclesiastical Parties, and Schools of Religious Thought

(​Rivington's, 1874.  648 pages)

Anglican, but very sound and thorough, and well organized.  Highly informative, very readable.  I have these two volumes, but the bindings are failing.  To save wear and tear on them, I downloaded a PDF copy from Google Books, but having this resource in e-Sword would be far better.

#39 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:31 PM

I would like to see the Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (TDNT) or the abridged version. I would gladly pay for this version as most pastors I know. I know the owners would have to approve but they have given their approval to other software programs.

I have seen a e-sword comparable copy of the TDNT [Made/Modified with] Biblos i think it was withdrawn due to copyright issues.  It did look interesting.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#40 anh Mike

anh Mike

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationCHICAGO, IL

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:19 AM

​Dictionary of Doctrinal and Historical Theology   825 pages)

Dictionary of Sects, Heresies, Ecclesiastical Parties, and Schools of Religious Thought  648 pages)

google text are 5pp/display so if you copy/paste 4x in 9 days then 4x in 7 days  with 15 days have the entire wks.  if no text, upload to archive.org ask them to scan the wks.  

Seriously!! people make no effort to copy anything.  unless your internet is extremely slow or your hands are badly damaged and are dysfunctional

Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (TDNT) --IDK try e-snips the 8 ver wz good but the upgrade to 9 wz poorly done. (own also copy in my logos software)  also try the WORD premium modules. DO YOUR OWN WORD STUDIES!!!  THE REFERENCES ARE NOT PERFECT.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users