Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

E-sword and MySword

12 replies to this topic

#11 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:47 AM

Hi David Harms,
From what you said, thought about, will you use iPad, or iPhone to use e-sSword.
I also would like e-Sword for Android. For me for now I use MySword.

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#12 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:58 PM

Hi David Harms,
From what you said, thought about, will you use iPad, or iPhone to use e-sSword.
I also would like e-Sword for Android. For me for now I use MySword.

Thanks

Hi Niobe,

It's not really about iOS devices, and a lot of users actually love Android way better than iOS, and even go to the extreme of not touching anything that resembles Apple, which includes iPhones and iPads. You really have a lot of die-hard Android users, and as such actually, would actually prefer an Android version of e-Sword.

Me, I use Android because (going by what Samsung has done with it more so than what any other company has done with it) because one is not locked into it like with iOS. Droid is far more user friendly and customizable OS then iOS. With regard to what Samsung has done to Droid, has made their devices far superior than Apple's offerings. So considering those factors, why should anyone want to move over to iOS?! I know I don't.

Going by David Harms' testimony regarding MySword, I don't think his experience is the first or only one, and neither do I think it, by any stretch of the imagination, is or will be the last one. People here genuinely want a version of e-Sword for Android, and in reality don't want anything else, and its as as simple as that.

A late edit.

Just to add, one can "run" e-Sword on their Droid tablets if they wish to. Remember this?

e-Sword on Tablet.jpg

All one needs to do is have remote connection on the PC and tablet for this to be able to happen. I use TeamViewer9. Simple to install, and simple to set up.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 03 July 2015 - 03:08 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#13 dharms

dharms

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationThe Colony, TX

Posted 04 July 2015 - 08:39 AM

Hi Niobe,

I use e-Sword for both iOS and the Windows because I own many different devices.   I use an Android cell phone for many reasons (but that is a different debate).  As I use cell phone more and more I would enjoy having e-Sword available on that platform also.  It is powerful, elegant and simple all rolled into one.   I believe when a person uses a computer/tablet/cell phone to study scripture they should not get bogged down in learning software.   

One of the things I personally like about e-Sword is its powerful search capability.   There are times when a particular word or phrase is laid on my heart.  My study strategy is simple.  Have e-Sword search for all occurences and just start reading the results.  I try to give particular attention to the 5 W's (Who is talking or listening, What is being said or done, Where it is happening,  When is it taking place and Why is it being said).  This is usually neither quick or easy but God has given all of these examples so we can learn from them.  In working through scripture you will draw closer to God.  That is life changing. 

Rick has developed an outstanding application and has devoted a good portion of his life to do it.  Where he goes with it is between him and God regardless of what I or others want.  I believe that if God wants e-Sword on Android he will make a way.  I can give testimony to God's work in my life and if he wants you to do something and you are obedient then you will not lack resources.  The history of e-Sword is a marvelous testimony of this.

What I can say is that if MySword works for you then use MySword.  If it does not then try something else.  If you would like a device that runs e-Sword but money is tight then ask God to give you one.  If it is done with a humble and righteous heart then God will provide.  He Loves his children. 

God has made each of us different and what works for me may not be the best strategy for someone else.  Getting to know God and his Word is what's important!   

I am sorry I digressed but I can't help myself when talking about The Word of God.

Sincerely,

David Harms

Edited by dharms, 04 July 2015 - 08:41 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users