Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

E-sword and MySword

12 replies to this topic

#1 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationNaples, Florida 34120

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:33 AM

I'm curious as to why MySword and its modules are offered along with the E-sword website. Shouldn't it have a website of its own? Personally I get aggravated at the module offers for MySword that are not available for E-sword. I'm committed to E-sword and even to buy premium modules for my E-sword. If a vote were allowable..I say get MySword off of E-sword...there I said it...now bash me for it.

Mitch

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 25 July 2014 - 12:19 PM

You want MySword off because you are aggravated at modules available for MySword that are not available for e-Sword? Which modules are aggravating you?

#3 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

You want MySword off because you are aggravated at modules available for MySword that are not available for e-Sword? Which modules are aggravating you?

Attached File  Confused.gif   4.74K   0 downloads

Extremely confusing .

Edited by APsit190, 25 July 2014 - 06:10 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#4 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:54 AM

Well they're two different programs. This site is intended for E-sword modules and users (at least I have thought so). I'm not hating. I'm putting it out there that's all. As for which modules for MySword that are aggravating. It's only aggravating when it's not available to E-sword...am I incorrect on this assumption? Are all modules available to E-sword as well as MySword?

If so... :( oops I apologize...I've ran across modules that I thought were for E-sword and they were for MySword and I didn't find them (with a cursory glance) available for E-sword. 

Please don't be tiffed with me...I love E-sword and I buy the premium modules that I like and want. I appreciate all the work you guys do and that you want to promote another program that's great...i'm just sayin.

Mitch

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#5 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:28 AM

MySword modules are made from e-Sword modules. So unless it's a rare fluke, every MySword module has an e-Sword module counterpart.

I have run across something available for MySword and not for e-Sword, only because we've removed the e-Sword version due to copyright or content concerns. And the MySword version was left by mistake.

MySword is the only way to read e-Sword content on the Android platform. That's why it's here.

#6 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 02:02 PM

ohhhhhh.  So something like this: 

BIBLE Treasury (33 Vols) 1856 - 1920 Droid MySword Version 1.0

is available for E-sword? I couldn't find it in the search under "Bible Treasury".

Also if it's about copyright concerns...why would it then be available to MySword...it would still be a copyright issue as well as for content. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just curious how it works.

Mitch

Edited by jmloy, 28 July 2014 - 02:07 PM.

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#7 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 28 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

ohhhhhh.  So something like this: 

BIBLE Treasury (33 Vols) 1856 - 1920 Droid MySword Version 1.0

is available for E-sword? I couldn't find it in the search under "Bible Treasury".

Also if it's about copyright concerns...why would it then be available to MySword...it would still be a copyright issue as well as for content. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just curious how it works.

Mitch

PC Version here: http://www.biblesupp...vols-1856-1920/

Copyright or Content concerns: Sometimes when a resource is removed, the moderator forgets to remove other versions. It's rare but it happens.

FYI: Even if MySword weren't around, I'm not sure you would be satisfied. For example, there's e-Sword, e-Sword 8.x, and Pocket e-Sword. These aren't compatible with one another.

What do you have against MySword?

#8 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:08 PM

My guess, it just ain't e-Sword.

Another guess, It sucks.

or it could be this, I want e-Sword only!!!

Or even this one, "I am totally fixated on e-Sword, where I am totally OCD about it, and put in something else, I get really bad convulsions and tremors just at the thought of it."

Just gotta love it, don't ya!

LOL.gif

Blessings,
Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#9 jmloy

jmloy

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:02 AM

PC Version here: http://www.biblesupp...vols-1856-1920/

Copyright or Content concerns: Sometimes when a resource is removed, the moderator forgets to remove other versions. It's rare but it happens.

FYI: Even if MySword weren't around, I'm not sure you would be satisfied. For example, there's e-Sword, e-Sword 8.x, and Pocket e-Sword. These aren't compatible with one another.

I've nothing against MySword. I made an assumption that was wrong and now I stand corrected. Thx for all you do.

Mitch

Berdine Mayes Th.M.

#10 dharms

dharms

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationThe Colony, TX

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:28 AM

My guess, it just ain't e-Sword.

Another guess, It sucks.

or it could be this, I want e-Sword only!!!

Or even this one, "I am totally fixated on e-Sword, where I am totally OCD about it, and put in something else, I get really bad convulsions and tremors just at the thought of it."

Just gotta love it, don't ya!

Blessings,

I downloaded and tried MySword and even paid their fee.  I found their support to be poor, their attitude pretentious even bordering on arrogance.  When I challenged them on their statements to me in their emails instead of answering them with a logical, clear and concise manner they refunded my money (which I did not ask for) and basically told me to move on down the road. 

Am guessing that e-Sword is now more of a business as I read the history about the tremendous growth it has had.  If the original idea behind it (to bring scripture to many at a low or no cost) then an Android version would have been developed long ago as Android has superceded Apple in shear number of users.  I can only assume that it is now a financial decision as to what gets developed and what does not.

I have been using Bible software since the early days of Bible Source at Zondervan.  I can tell you that e-Sword is the easiest to use, and has great breadth and flexibility.  It has a great support base and on the platforms it is established it works very well.  It makes Bible Study easy.

If it is money holding back the development perhaps there may be some that God has blessed that could help in the financial development and support of an Android version,

Sorry to rant but this is a subject I have long thought about,

I will be thankful for what Rick as done and will continue to use and recommend e-Sword to any who have a device that can use it,

Blessings

David Harms

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users