Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

E-Sword HD for Ipad & Ibible for Ipad--Questions

15 replies to this topic

#11 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 26 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

Hello,

For e-Sword on the PC:

1) Download  Lange Commentary.exe

2) Open or run this exe file. This automatically installs the module in the e-Sword folder for you. (There's also a zip version, but that's for people who want to manually install it, on a mac or linux).

3) If e-Sword is running, restart e-Sword.

4) Lange's commentary appears in the Commentaries window--that's the top, right window by default. It appears under the tab name, "Lange".

We don't yet have Lange's Commentary for the iPad. I can add that later today. It's a simple matter of converting the e-Sword PC module, using these instructions. The goal here is to convert everything for the iPad app, it's just an issue of time.

Hagmann and Hagmann radio program was talking about e-Sword? When was this?

#12 Justncase007

Justncase007

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:28 AM

Thanks for the info Josh worked perfect and to convert the file was simple, Rev: 19:16

#13 imseeker

imseeker

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

This may not be the perfect topic area, but I just got e-sword for the ipad, and am having trouble importing my bibles. I have the .bblx, I run the converter to make it a .bbli, and then I used itunes file sharing to put it onto the ipad. But I keep running into: If there are any problems with a module it will be deleted! As soon as I restart esword hd for the ipad, the files I moved to the ipad disappear, and "nothing happens here". I've used these .bblx files for years - even back to when they were .bbl files (I managed to convert them to .bblx files), but now I'm stumped. Any thoughts?

#14 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

This may not be the perfect topic area, but I just got e-sword for the ipad, and am having trouble importing my bibles. I have the .bblx, I run the converter to make it a .bbli, and then I used itunes file sharing to put it onto the ipad. But I keep running into: If there are any problems with a module it will be deleted! As soon as I restart esword hd for the ipad, the files I moved to the ipad disappear, and "nothing happens here". I've used these .bblx files for years - even back to when they were .bbl files (I managed to convert them to .bblx files), but now I'm stumped. Any thoughts?

One thought: have you tried using iFunbox (free utility software) instead of iTunes? Have you been able to successfully transfer any converted modules to the iPad?

#15 imseeker

imseeker

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

Both very good questions. I'll try ifunbox, have not used it. I have not successfully transferred any converted module. I have six .bbli and two .cmti and none have loaded into esword hd. Anyone have a .bbli they know works, I'd try that to determine point of failure.

#16 imseeker

imseeker

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

Ok - here's the scoop, at least for me. Using ifunbox, I moved the files into the "shared folders" area, just like itunes does. Again, starting esword HD simply deletes them.

I then skipped that part, and loaded the files directly into the esword HD area - i.e. where the kjv.bbli files already are. Boom - it all works.

So, something isn't working right (for me) when I put them into the file sharing area, but ifunbox let me put them directly to the right place - so yay!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users