Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

E-Sword HD for Ipad & Ibible for Ipad--Questions

15 replies to this topic

#1 monteu

monteu

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 04:02 PM

Does anyone know the main difference between iBible HD and e-Sword HD for Ipad?  Does the iBible have a way to make your own user notes and topic notes within the app like e-Sword HD does?  Can you load user created e-Sword modules onto it or only Word modules?  Thanks--

#2 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

Does anyone know the main difference between iBible HD and e-Sword HD for Ipad? Does the iBible have a way to make your own user notes and topic notes within the app like e-Sword HD does? Can you load user created e-Sword modules onto it or only Word modules? Thanks--

The website for iBible contains a lot of information. You may find your answers there or by asking the developer.

http://www.holybibleanswer.com/

Edited by Jogirl, 16 June 2014 - 09:13 AM.

#3 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

Hi

iBible is basicly a reader for Un-Compressed, Non-Commercial theWORD modules.

You can use the same modules for both platforms. As of yet I have not seen commercial modules available for iBible.

eSword HD uses a different file format for the iPAD than does the PC version of eSword. So you or someone else will have to convert modules that are not included on the download section for eSword HD. There is a convertor available from the eSword website.

The big diference here is that you *can* use commercial modules thay you have purchased for your eSword(PC) as long as you have the install code you received when you made your purchase. The only commercial module I have not been able to install as yet is the NET bible from bible.org. I have not had time to contact them yet to see if I will be able to do so.

Yes iBible does have a notes editor but it is hard to figure out how to get it working (At least I had a hard time doing so, there is a serious shortage of intructions for using iBible's features).

Unless you convert them, iBible uses theWORD modules only.

Hope this help,

Roy

#4 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:27 PM

One interesting note on commercial e-Sword HD/LT modules: they are not encrypted or compressed. Since the modules are Sqlite databases, you can open them with any Sqlite database editor, or export the the html to a text file.

I just got through converting some to MySword, since I use droid devices a lot more than Apple. I can't distribute them, obviously.

#5 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:17 AM

Now thats a little tidbit that's worth knowing!

Thanks Josh!

Roy

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

One interesting note on commercial e-Sword HD/LT modules: they are not encrypted or compressed. Since the modules are Sqlite databases, you can open them with any Sqlite database editor, or export the the html to a text file..

Now thats a little tidbit that's worth knowing!

I would have to say it certainly does.  Makes it editable in either T4 and/or SQLite especially where an error of one sort or another is found, or even improve on the formatting and layout of the resource in question.

I just got through converting some to MySword, since I use droid devices a lot more than Apple. I can't distribute them, obviously

On that note, I find this to be a real pity simply because there is no e-Sword for Droid. A real sad state of affairs.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 18 June 2014 - 04:15 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 mtnwinds

mtnwinds

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:25 PM

Maybe someone here can help me.  I've converted a bblx file to a bbli file and want to install it on my iPad.  I know very little about the iPad since I've been a pc type forever.  I'd like to know how to access the file tree on the iPad so I can copy the module into the e-sword directory.  Thanks for any suggestions.

#8 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 03:24 AM

Maybe someone here can help me.  I've converted a bblx file to a bbli file and want to install it on my iPad.  I know very little about the iPad since I've been a pc type forever.  I'd like to know how to access the file tree on the iPad so I can copy the module into the e-sword directory.  Thanks for any suggestions.

Rick Meyers gave instructions on the e-sword hd website for transferring files to your iPad http://www.e-sword.net/ipad/faq.htm

STEP #4 — Transfer. The final step is to move the new module(s) onto your iPad. You will need to have iTunes installed on your PC to accomplish this. Detailed instructions on moving files onto your iPad using File Sharing are here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4094

STEP #5 — Restart. To load the new module(s) you will need to restart e-Sword HD if it is already running. During the startup process e-Sword HD will pull the module(s) into its sandbox and load them. If there are any problems with a module it will be deleted!

WARNING!!! When you connect to the iPad with File Sharing you will see a bunch of files. Leave these alone as these are your user files! You can certainly back them up if you want, but do not delete them! Also, do not copy any files that were not created with the conversion utility as they will be ignored by the app and this directory is backed up to the iCloud so you could run out of space there!

#9 monteu

monteu

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:52 AM

Ok, I will keep looking for the editor.  I cannot find the information on their website.  Also I have some Swordsearcher user modules that I would like to get onto iBible or convert them to Word modules.  Any idea how to do that?  I can export them out of SS as HTML documents.

#10 Justncase007

Justncase007

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

Hello everyone new here, heard about your app on Hagmann & Hagmann  and bought it . Ive also downloaded the pc version and Langes commentary and its not showing up. I take it you just drop it in the esword folder right ? i also would like to get it for my ipad air is there a version for ipad ?  when i agree to terms theres no modules to be found on Langes commentarys

• No modules found

•  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users