Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Changing lists of scriptures into paragraph form

6 replies to this topic

#1 chcooney

chcooney

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:17 AM

I have 2 questions please.

1. As a Precept leader, I need to paste many different scripture passages into Study Notes.  Is it possible to type in all the passages at once & if so, where do I go to do that?

And the next problem is that instead of appearing like this when I paste them...

Gal 5:24  Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 

Gal 5:25  If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

Joh 3:33  "He who has received His testimony has set his seal to this, that God is true. 

Joh 3:34  "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God; for He gives the Spirit without measure. 

Joh 3:35  "The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand.

I need all of them all to appear like this:

Gal 5:24  Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25  If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.

Joh 3:33  "He who has received His testimony has set his seal to this, that God is true. 34  "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God; for He gives the Spirit without measure. 35  "The Father loves the Son and has given all things into His hand.

& so on.....

Thank you for your help, 

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:56 AM

Hi

I think that Tool Tip Tool NT does what you want.
You can make those verses and copy in to e-Sword

thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

Here is another option to try

In e-Sword

Go to Bible , then copy verses

Choose the range of chapters and verses you want within a book

Choose 6 under formatting then chose paste into topic notes

Hot key will do this also

http://www.biblesupp...e-sword-hotkey/

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#4 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:25 PM

e-Sword HotKey will do this quickly, with the Copy/Style set to paragraph mode, type 6. If you have a list of verses, you can select the list, copy it to the clipboard, press the hotkey (default I think is Ctrl+B but you can change it). Hotkey will look up the scripture references in the e-Sword installed Bible version and place the result on the clipboard which you can then paste back into your document. One more setting in Hotkey you may want to use is to set the Mode to "combine arthmetic sequences" which will combine contiguous sequences of references. Let me try an example. If you references are Gal 5:24-25; John 3:33-35

1) select the references: Gal 5:24-25; John 3:33-35

2) press Ctrl+C to copy them to the clipboard. 

3) press the hotkey, Ctrl+B default.  Hotkey will look the reference in the style you have set, use 6 for paragraph style and place the results on the clipboard.

4) press the Esc button to close the Hotkey popup window which shows the results. 

5) press Ctrl+V to paste the results into your document

Galatians 5:24-25  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25   If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

John 3:33-35  He that has received his testimony has set to his seal that God is true. 34   For he whom God has sent speaks the words of God: for God gives not the Spirit by measure to him. 35   The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into his hand.

#5 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:22 PM

NOTE - you can use Hotkey to change from one type to another.

If you start with this:

Gal 5:24  Now those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 

Joh 3:33  "He who has received His testimony has set his seal to this, that God is true. 

Joh 3:34  "For He whom God has sent speaks the words of God; for He gives the Spirit without measure. 

Then highlight the whole, copy it to the clipboard, press the e-Sword Hotkey hotkey using Copy/Style mode 6, then paste it back into you document

1) select (red used to show selection)

2) Press Ctrl+C

3) Press Ctrl+B (default Hotkey setting)

4) Press Esc to close Hotkey's popup

5) Press Ctrl+V to paste the results

Galatians 5:24-25  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25   If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

John 3:33-35  He that has received his testimony has set to his seal that God is true. 34   For he whom God has sent speaks the words of God: for God gives not the Spirit by measure to him. 35   The Father loves the Son, and has given all things into his hand.

Results will also be based on which version you have selected to use in Hotkey.

#6 chcooney

chcooney

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:53 AM

I'm sorry, I don't know what HotKey is.  I must have to download that add on. Correct?

I tried 1ce & it wouldn't or couldn't install.

Could the problem be that I use a Mac & CrossOver to translate?

#7 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

yep!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users