Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword Reference Library on iPad

13 replies to this topic

#1 Kalkas

Kalkas

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:13 PM

Hello,

I am able to open e-Sword Reference Library on my Windows PC. For instance, I can open and read Ante-Nicene Fathers volumes.

Recently I have installed e-Sword on my iPad and I have figured out how to use Commentary, Dictionary and Lexicon when reading Bible. However, I do not understand how one can open Reference on iPad. I have downloaded all books that were available on Reference section, e.g., Ante-Nicene Fathers. Have you installed Reference Library on iPad and manage to open one of the books on your iPad?

Best regards,

Aleksandar

#2 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:30 AM

Hello,

I am able to open e-Sword Reference Library on my Windows PC. For instance, I can open and read Ante-Nicene Fathers volumes.

Recently I have installed e-Sword on my iPad and I have figured out how to use Commentary, Dictionary and Lexicon when reading Bible. However, I do not understand how one can open Reference on iPad. I have downloaded all books that were available on Reference section, e.g., Ante-Nicene Fathers. Have you installed Reference Library on iPad and manage to open one of the books on your iPad?

Best regards,

Aleksandar

When you open e-sword app and see (at the bottom) Bible, Commentary, Dictionary, Lexicon, Reference buttons, select Reference button. You should, then, see a page with a reference module open. Look for the name of a Title at the top and select the name. You should see a drop down list of reference modules on your iPad. Select one and it should open.

Hope that works!

#3 Kalkas

Kalkas

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I have tried your suggestion, but it does not work. When clicking on the Reference button (at the bottom of screen/page), one should expect to find a name of title of some book from the Reference Library at the right top of the page, but it is simply empty. Actually not quite empty because at the top page on left side there are icons for Search (magnifying glass), History (a clock), Bookmarks (a book) and Help (question mark). Other sections, such as Bible, Commentary, Dictionary and Lexicon work as expected. It is only the Reference section that is empty without a title of some Reference book. See the links below that would show displays of my iPad screen: the first one shows that I have downloaded the books from the Reference section, and the second one shows that the title is missing at the top.

http://screencast.com/t/nW1iUV9fxuo

http://screencast.com/t/qXBul084S8

It is very unfortunate that I cannot use the Reference Section on my iPad.

Best regards,

Aleksandar

#4 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:54 AM

Aleksandar,
I don't know why your Reference modules do not open up. I can understand your frustration. Have you emailed techsupport for the e-sword app? I went through the Help (?) section on the app and see that techsupport is not available until June 12th. If you haven't tried this yet, you could uninstall the app and re-install it--and then you would have to download at least one module in the reference section to try. I am sorry I cannot help further. When you get it resolved, could you please post the solution so that we know for future issues? Thanks!

Edited by Jogirl, 07 June 2014 - 03:58 AM.

#5 Kalkas

Kalkas

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:33 AM

Hello,

What is the mail for techsupport? Where do I find the techsupport page?

Thank you for your help. :)

Best regards,

Aleksandar

#6 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

Hello,

What is the mail for techsupport? Where do I find the techsupport page?

Thank you for your help. :)

Best regards,

Aleksandar

Open e-sword hd app on your iPad. There is a button at the top left that is a question mark. Select that and you will see a page open up with a blue link on it for techsupport.

Or, you can follow this link to e-sword hd website: http://www.e-sword.n...pad/contact.htm

#7 TaSwavo

TaSwavo

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:44 PM

I guess I'm off th grid in nowadays talk but  apple and google and such are the new evils of the world - described as 'big data' to cure the ills of the world as the Bible says perhaps - in case you didn't know I'm a computer programmer. - and my wife was nice enough to buy me a subscription to New Scientist - I'm BSc in Paper Science and she's PhD in Biochem -  so I'm not a thicky is all I'm saying. I'm often stupid though :( just not uneducated

Edited by TaSwavo, 16 June 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#8 TaSwavo

TaSwavo

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

See I'm so off the grid I'd day - don't use the items made by selfish money grabbing people - and use those made by money grabbing people that also help folks

I'd use android before apple as they use microsoft rather than apple

one supports DIRECTLY important stuff and the other supports DIRECTLY their next big PROFITS

#9 TaSwavo

TaSwavo

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

both support their profits - the EMPHASIS is the biggy

#10 TaSwavo

TaSwavo

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

Posted 16 June 2014 - 05:55 PM

I'm up to psalms for NEB scan/translate btw - personal as they have some silly rules still - for me - it's an AWESOME work

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users