Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Notes

3 replies to this topic

#1 E-SwordLover

E-SwordLover

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:39 PM

Hi everyone, I have a unique situation.  I had done several months of research and had them in the notes sections. Having had several computer issues in the past I had tons of old notes from previous versions that I wanted to add.  When I copied the old file and put it in the new file all the old notes came in but I lost all the research.  Is there any way to recover them? Thanks for your help.

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:50 PM

If your research notes had the same filename as your older notes, and you copied one file on top of another (overwrote one file with another), then yes, you would have data loss. 

Did they have the same filename? Or are you not sure?

In your Topic Editor window, you hold the CTRL key and right click the mouse. Choose Open from that menu. Do you see more than one set of notes to open? If you aren't already in My Documents\e-Sword, navigate to that folder to look. Or look in whatever folder you store your topic notes if different than the My Documents\e-Sword default.

#3 E-SwordLover

E-SwordLover

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:47 AM

Josh, thanks for responding.  I have two sets of notx in there one has copy added to the file name which I think was the one I copied over.  Thanks again for all your help.

#4 E-SwordLover

E-SwordLover

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:52 AM

Both files are the same size with different dates.  One is a 2012 date and the other was the date the March date.  I'm pasting all my old docs into word so if I can overwrite again from the previous.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users