Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Download help for e-sword with WINE

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 socals217

socals217

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

Hi,

Thank you for all the resources on this site. I am trying to download e-sword for Mac 10.6.8. But I realized that I need WINE or Crosswalk to install a windows software on a Mac. I am in bible college and on a budget. I was wondering if you can help me with WINE (since it's free). How would I go about getting WINE and getting esword installed so they could work? How would I et the WINE that would work on my Mac 10.6.8. Would it work with Mac 10.6.8? I am looked online but not making much progress. I am good with computers as a normal user not a IT person. 

Thank you
Shiva 

#2 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

Hi,

Thank you for all the resources on this site. I am trying to download e-sword for Mac 10.6.8. But I realized that I need WINE or Crosswalk to install a windows software on a Mac. I am in bible college and on a budget. I was wondering if you can help me with WINE (since it's free). How would I go about getting WINE and getting esword installed so they could work? How would I et the WINE that would work on my Mac 10.6.8. Would it work with Mac 10.6.8? I am looked online but not making much progress. I am good with computers as a normal user not a IT person. 

Thank you
Shiva 

I could be wrong, but I don't think that Wine works on a Mac. It's Crossover that works on a Mac and I've given you a link below to find out more about it. Crossover is 25% off right now, and that's what I recommend that you use. I hope this helps.

http://www.codeweave...om/via/e-sword/

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#3 Searcher

Searcher

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 06:21 AM

Wine does work on MAC.  I have installed it on mine along with e-Sword and it works without pain.  The link below gives details of how it can work.  Wine is best known for working on Linux, but it is also for MAC.  David Baumgold's article may be of assistance.

http://www.davidbaum...rials/wine-mac/

As for installing e-Sword, I followed the instructions found on the "Pentecostal Blogger".  This following link will take you there:

http://www.pentecost...ord-on-the-mac/

There is also this thread here:

http://www.biblesupp...esword-for-mac/

Hope this helps!

Edited by Searcher, 27 May 2014 - 06:44 AM.

#4 Jan210

Jan210

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:13 AM

I just used Wine to install the main e-sword program and it works fine.  However, when I try to download the Bibles and Commentaries that I had previously purchased on my old Windows machine, I find that the download section is blank.  Can someone please instruct me on how to download the add-on modules?  Your help will be much appreciated!  Janet

#5 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

I just used Wine to install the main e-sword program and it works fine.  However, when I try to download the Bibles and Commentaries that I had previously purchased on my old Windows machine, I find that the download section is blank.  Can someone please instruct me on how to download the add-on modules?  Your help will be much appreciated!  Janet

The only thing I can think of is that e-Sword might not have access to the internet. I haven't used Wine or Linux in a long time, so I don't remember what to check. If you have a firewall installed, make sure that e-Sword has access. It could also be some sort of permissions problem. I hope this helps.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users