Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Using e-Sword ToolTip Tool

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Kamau Mweru

Kamau Mweru

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNakuru, Kenya

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

Hi, I am new to this forum. Rick recommended it to me in an email.

I have text to a few bible versions that are not available in the public domain. So, I wanted to make a bible-module type *.bblx in order to use them in the program.

I downloaded the ToolTip Tool and made myself a file of one of the versions.

#define description=Dutch NBG 1951
#define abbreviation=NBG51
#define comments=Will fill in later
#define version=1

#define strong=0
#define right2left=0
#define ot=1
#define nt=1
#define font=DEFAULT
#define apocrypha=0

÷[Gen]/1:1 In den beginne schiep God de hemel en de aarde.
[Gen]/1:2 De aarde nu was woest en ledig, en duisternis lag op de vloed, en de Geest Gods zweefde over de wateren.
[Gen]/1:3 En God zeide: Er zij licht; en er was licht.
[Gen]/1:4 En God zag, dat het licht goed was, en God maakte scheiding tussen het licht en de duisternis.
[Gen]/1:5 En God noemde het licht dag, en de duisternis noemde Hij nacht. Toen was het avond geweest en het was morgen geweest: de eerste dag.
-----cutting-----
[Rev]/22:17 En de Geest en de bruid zeggen: Kom! En wie het hoort, zegge: Kom! En wie dorst heeft, kome, en wie wil, neme het water des levens om niet.
[Rev]/22:18 Ik betuig aan een ieder, die de woorden der profetie van dit boek hoort: Indien iemand hieraan toevoegt, God zal hem toevoegen de plagen, die in dit boek beschreven zijn;
[Rev]/22:19 en indien iemand afneemt van de woorden van het boek dezer profetie, God zal zijn deel afnemen van het geboomte des levens en van de heilige stad, welke in dit boek beschreven zijn.
[Rev]/22:20 Hij, die deze dingen getuigt, zegt: Ja, Ik kom spoedig. Amen, kom, Here Jezus!
[Rev]/22:21 De genade van de Here Jezus zij met allen.

But when I try to generate the bblx-file I get no bible text included. The structure of the SQLite file is okay and the Details table is filled in properly from the hashed header above.

Also the Bible table is created but it is empty.

I tried both Save Bible File [book]/chap:verse -- plain text, and Save Bible File [book]/chap:verse -- RTF

When using the RTF option I can see in the status bar that the program runs through all 66 books.

When using the plain text option the message that the file has been generated comes rather quickly.

In both cases the result is the same, no text data in the bblx-file.

What am I missing here?

Greetings

Kamau

Edited by Kamau Mweru, 17 May 2014 - 03:08 PM.

The man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers is fortunate, because his delight is in the law of Jehovah and on his law he meditates day and night.

#2 Kamau Mweru

Kamau Mweru

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNakuru, Kenya

Posted 17 May 2014 - 02:59 PM

Adding:

I am using e-Sword version 10.1.0 under Windows 8

/Kamau

Edited by Kamau Mweru, 17 May 2014 - 10:41 PM.

The man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers is fortunate, because his delight is in the law of Jehovah and on his law he meditates day and night.

#3 Kamau Mweru

Kamau Mweru

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNakuru, Kenya

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:07 PM

Of course I can fill the Bible table of the bblx-file with book, chapter, verse and text.

But the result of that is that I get the tab with the new version, but no text is shown in the bible-text window.

/Kamau

Edited by Kamau Mweru, 17 May 2014 - 10:41 PM.

#4 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 17 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

#define description=Dutch NBG 1951
#define version=1

#define strong=0
#define right2left=0
#define ot=1
#define nt=1
#define font=DEFAULT
#define apocrypha=0

[Gen]/1:2 De aarde nu was woest en ledig, en duisternis lag op de vloed, en de Geest Gods zweefde over de wateren. 
[Gen]/1:4 En God zag, dat het licht goed was, en God maakte scheiding tussen het licht en de duisternis. 
[Gen]/1:5 En God noemde het licht dag, en de duisternis noemde Hij nacht. Toen was het avond geweest en het was morgen geweest: de eerste dag. 

define description=Dutch NBG 1951
#define version=1

#define strong=0
#define right2left=0
#define ot=1
#define nt=1
#define font=DEFAULT
#define apocrypha=0

Hi
change the Book, Chapter, and Verse . Make it look like this
÷Gen 1:1 text ...
Gen 1:2 text ...
" the same"
When you get to the next book make it the same
Gen 50:26 text ....
Exo 1:1 text ....

do your bible like that.
If you have not checked out the Tool Tip Tool document please read it or check out the forum on this site.

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#5 Kamau Mweru

Kamau Mweru

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNakuru, Kenya

Posted 17 May 2014 - 10:56 PM

Than you "patchworkid" for your reply.

I am using ToolTip Toop Version 3.50 which is what downloaded yesterday.

And I am following the instructions i an PDF called ToolTip NT-2.10.pdf

In that instruction it says:

NOTE: The first save option above can be used if your Bible text is in the [book]/chap:verse format. Rather than the “Gen 1:2 verse text” in our example, you would enter: “[Gen]/1:2 verse text”.

But the good news (contrary to my second comment to myself) is that it worked after filling in the textdata in the Bible table myself with:

INSERT INTO `Bible` (`Book`, `Chapter`, `Verse`, `Scripture`) VALUES (1,1,1,"In den beginne schiep God de hemel en de aarde. ");
INSERT INTO `Bible` (`Book`, `Chapter`, `Verse`, `Scripture`) VALUES (1,1,2,"De aarde nu was woest en ledig, en duisternis lag op de vloed, en de Geest Gods zweefde over de wateren. ");
etcetera....

Thank you for your reply.

/Kamau

#6 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:16 AM

http://www.biblesupp...ooltip-tool-nt/

hi please download the latest version of Tool Tip Tool NT aka T4

what you can do is download AKJV from BH.
Open T4
click on Module at the top
scroll down to Bible
click on read bible

see how He put the bible together. You can also do that with all non encrypted modules.

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#7 Kamau Mweru

Kamau Mweru

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNakuru, Kenya

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:48 AM

patchworkid,

You wrote:

hi please download the latest version of Tool Tip Tool NT aka T4

what you can do is download AKJV from BH.

I'm afraid you lost me there.

The only version I get when downloading is 3.50

And I don't know what you mean with "AKJV from BH".

Thanks

/Kamau

#8 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 18 May 2014 - 03:30 AM

Hi

http://www.biblesupp...r-edition-akjv/

Download this bible and open it in T4 by reading the bible.
You need to use the link to Toool Tip Tool NT aka T4

thanks

#9 Kamau Mweru

Kamau Mweru

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationNakuru, Kenya

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:57 PM

Patchworkid,

Just for the record. My problem is solved by generating the bblx-file using ToolTip Tool and the filling in the text-data using SQL.

As I am an old retired programmer it is not a question of a lot of typing. I generate both files with a little utility.

But still I am a bit curious about your advice.

1. You talk about "ToolTip Tool NT" and call ik "T4". The only version I can download is 3.50. If that is not the version you recommend then I would not know where to get the "T4".

2. Also I'm a bit curious why I would need the "AKJV red letter bible".

Anyway, thanks for your replies.

And, by the way, I like the font in your picture. Is it available somewhere?

Greetings

/Kamau

#10 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:43 AM

It is confusing to anyone new to the tool to call it T4. It is actually "e-Sword ToolTip Tool NT" and is at version 2.30. http://www.biblesupp...ooltip-tool-nt/

If the format [book]/chapter:verse is not working, I suggest to format as below, and use the corresponding menu item to build it.

÷Gen 1:1 In den beginne schiep God de hemel en de aarde. 
Gen 1:2 De aarde nu was woest en ledig, en duisternis lag op de vloed, en de Geest Gods zweefde over de wateren. 

Gen 1:3 En God zeide: Er zij licht; en er was licht. 
Gen 1:4 En God zag, dat het licht goed was, en God maakte scheiding tussen het licht en de duisternis. 
Gen 1:5 En God noemde het licht dag, en de duisternis noemde Hij nacht. Toen was het avond geweest en het was morgen geweest: de eerste dag. 

Jon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users