Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Esword on Chromebook

17 replies to this topic

#1 Wesley Rexrode

Wesley Rexrode

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 06:30 AM

Hello! I am considering buying a Chromebook, but I don't want to give up the ability to use Esword. Can anyone tell me if the Esword for Linux will work on a Chromebook or are there other options? Thank you!

Wesley

#2 dlfs

dlfs

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 12:07 PM

Hello! I am considering buying a Chromebook, but I don't want to give up the ability to use Esword. Can anyone tell me if the Esword for Linux will work on a Chromebook or are there other options? Thank you!

Wesley

Did you ever get an answer? I have an HP Chromebook 14 and would like to use eSword (or MySword) on it but cannot figure out if there is a way. Any ideas?

Dave

#3 RubyZealot3

RubyZealot3

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 10:58 AM

I am considering getting a HP 14 chromebook, but cannot find any offline Bibles available for chromebooks. Did you ever find anything?

#4 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 22 May 2016 - 02:32 PM

Wesley

Did you ever get an answer? I have an HP Chromebook 14 and would like to use eSword (or MySword) on it but cannot figure out if there is a way. Any ideas?

Dave

I am considering getting a HP 14 chromebook, but cannot find any offline Bibles available for chromebooks. Did you ever find anything?

There are no e-Sword editions for Chromebooks, and the likelihood of one being created for that OS are next to nil. About the only way you could possibly run e-Sword on Chrombook is by creating a type of WINE program. If you are not a programmer experienced in Systems Cross Platform development and etc., then you will have to simply get a Windows laptop or tablet, or either an Apple OS X laptop or an iOS tablet.

Here is what e-Sword actually does run on:

• e-Sword for Windows PC, which includes:
    • PC Laptops
    • Windows Surface Pro, and similar
    • Some Linux distros using Wine
    • Mac OS X using Crossover.
  • e-Sword for iOS
    • e-Sword LT for iPhones
    • e-Sword HD for iPads
  • e-Sword for Macs (includes Mac desktop and laptop computers)
    • e-Sword X

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#5 monteu

monteu

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 06:27 AM

What is the future of the windows based Bible study softwares like E-Sword and SwordSearcher?  I have been a long time user of both, but find myself more and more using my phone or now we are getting Chromebooks at work instead of laptops.  The younger people are not using the PC anymore except if their work requires it. 

Is there a Bible Study software that works well on Chromebooks?  Will MySword work once they are running Android Apps?

#6 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 03:19 PM

What is the future of the windows based Bible study softwares like E-Sword and SwordSearcher?  I have been a long time user of both, but find myself more and more using my phone or now we are getting Chromebooks at work instead of laptops.  The younger people are not using the PC anymore except if their work requires it. 

Is there a Bible Study software that works well on Chromebooks?  Will MySword work once they are running Android Apps?

e-Sword for PC works well on some Linux distros using WINE. That said, when it comes to e-Sword for PC, it works well on MS Surface Pro and Surface Book Pro tablets. This also includes the usual range of Windows Notebooks.

With regard to Chromebooks, they still are laptops or Notepads (whatever you want to call them). And with that, let me tell you a little secret. All "smart" Mobile devices, whether iOS or Android, are nothing more than miniature PCs, and work exactly the same way a PC works. Moreover, all these tablets and smart phones use the same IO architecture  as the Desktop PC does, which is the Von Neumann Architecture that was invented way back in about 1945.

Getting back to the Chromebooks; the OS is a Linux distro, and there could be a WINE thingy for that so one could run e-Sword on it. Now, to be clear, I don't know how accurate that is. Its just something I was either told or heard a few years ago. So just don't hold your breath on that one.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

X (formerly Twitter)

#7 Eliran Wong

Eliran Wong

e-Sword Fanatic

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:12 PM

most up-to-date chrome os supports running Android app ... AND

you may run exe file with this Android app, if your device equip with an Intel's CPU:  https://www.codeweav...ossover-android

I had installed TheWord in one of my Android devices.  It runs very good.

#8 monteu

monteu

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:10 AM

most up-to-date chrome os supports running Android app ... AND

you may run exe file with this Android app, if your device equip with an Intel's CPU:  https://www.codeweav...ossover-android

I had installed TheWord in one of my Android devices.  It runs very good.

thank you, I will try this.

#9 The.Keegster.Preaching.

The.Keegster.Preaching.

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:02 PM

Hey, my name is Keegan Thornton. I aspire to be the next Billy Graham for the LORD and I love preaching. Yes, i'm only a student in high school but I really really really need E-Sword for my notes and preaching messages and my Biblical studies in school. And I generally don't trust other apps or strange websites and don't wanna ask my dad to buy a new laptop that will let me use E-Sword when this one runs fine ya know? So I'd really appreciate if someone could find a safe way for a Chromebook to run E-Sword without having to use Linux. And if there is no way pray that God would find a way or show me the way to make my messages and get through this struggle! :)

#10 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:09 PM

Hey, my name is Keegan Thornton. I aspire to be the next Billy Graham for the LORD and I love preaching. Yes, i'm only a student in high school but I really really really need E-Sword for my notes and preaching messages and my Biblical studies in school. And I generally don't trust other apps or strange websites and don't wanna ask my dad to buy a new laptop that will let me use E-Sword when this one runs fine ya know? So I'd really appreciate if someone could find a safe way for a Chromebook to run E-Sword without having to use Linux. And if there is no way pray that God would find a way or show me the way to make my messages and get through this struggle! :)

Click here, and download  the program that will hopefully do the job for you.

Also, there is a video that will show you how to install the program on Chromebook

Let us know how it all worked out for you.

Blessings, 

Autograph.png

A side question:
What does artillery have in common with prayer?

The Answer:
Very long range (distance) effect

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users