Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword on iPad in-app purchase might violate Apple's policy

7 replies to this topic

#1 TestingVC

TestingVC

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

Just wonder that e-Sword on iPad, those premium modules that links to eStudySource to purchase might violate Apple's policy below:

11.13 Apps that link to external mechanisms for purchases or subscriptions to be used in the app, such as a “buy" button that goes to a web site to purchase a digital book, will be rejected.

Wonder if it's OK to purchase this way?

VC

Attached Files

#2 turnsouth

turnsouth

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:16 PM

In-App Purchase for Developers - Apple Developer

https://developer.ap...-Guidelines.pdf

"For example, In-App Purchase will allow you to sell: 

• Digital books or photos 
• Additional game levels 
• Access to a turn-by-turn map service 
• Subscriptions to digital magazines or newsletters 
• Digital content hosted on Apple servers 

In-App Purchase is implemented in your app via the Store Kit framework. Store Kit provides the 
functionality to process payments for items offered in your app via the App Store and Mac App 
Store. In-App Purchase uses the same business terms used for apps sold on the App Store and 
Mac App Store. You receive 70% of the purchase price of each item you sell within your app, 
paid to you on a monthly basis—no credit card fees apply. "

Edited by turnsouth, 17 April 2014 - 06:18 PM.

#3 TestingVC

TestingVC

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:45 AM

Actually, I'm not asking how to implement In-App purchase, tried to say eSword includes the link to purchase premium modules externally (not via Apple's In-App purchase, i.e., Apple takes 30% of the sales) might violate Apple's guideline and might get pulled from Apple's App store.

#4 turnsouth

turnsouth

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

I now see what you are saying. Perhaps e-Sword was granted some sort of special dispensation.

#5 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:21 PM

Testing VC

do you use eSword 

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#6 mikecindi

mikecindi

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 19 April 2014 - 07:55 AM

How does any available ebook reader in Apple's app store handle this?

#7 TestingVC

TestingVC

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 04:08 PM

Yes, I do use e-sword, OliveTree Bible Reader, TheWord, CadreBible, etc. 

Normally, in Apple App store, like OliveTree Bible Reader, CadreBible - these apps will let you purchase additional contents via Apple's In-App purchase and then after successful purchase, it'll let you download from Apple server or your own server which hosts these contents.

Apple does allow you to have some way to recognize users who have purchase and let you handle the download yourselves. You just can't provide that mechanism to purchase externally inside the app. That makes sense, or Apple won't be able to earn that 30%.

#8 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:56 PM

Vincent 

I was just wondering why do you use so many other bible study apps when you have the one you developed yourself

If I could make my own bible study program to  work the way I like to study I would only use mine 

and as for the in app stuff they may have it set up that apple collects 30% of sales from estudysource 

as turnsouth stated they must have worked something out 

fixed spelling error

Edited by DSaw, 20 April 2014 - 01:56 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users