NOTE: Through lots of trial and error, I have found fixes for all of the issues below except for the non breaking space problem.
The remaining issue is that when making an interlinear module with text displayed in Right to Left format, the bracketed English translation of the interlinear gets broken up on text wrap where I have non breaking spaces. It seems that E-sword is ignoring the non breaking spaces here. This is a problem as I have to keep the Aramaic and English pairs as one unit. Should this be happening and is there a work around? Sorry everyone for not posting the pictures properly before... first time here. I have posted the pictures that apply to the remaining issue.
- Fixes are at the bottom....
Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 5.44.35 PM.png 93.84K 27 downloads
Screen Shot 2014-03-31 at 5.54.32 PM.png 556.25K 24 downloads
I am building a module which is an Interlinear Aramaic - English New Testament. I have the English text displaying correctly, but when Right to Left is selected in Tool Tip, and the module is loaded in E-sword, the order of the Aramaic and English words is reversed and one word is displayed before the verse 1 entry. I am wondering why this is happening, and how I can correct it.
I am using non breaking spaces between each Aramaic word and it's bracketed translation, to keep the pairs together in word wrap, but when the module is loaded into E-sword the order is reversed. I have attached some screenshots so you can see what is going on. I am importing a Left to Right formatted HTML file into Tool Tip and then selecting right to left in tool tip as this avoids a problem that I had of the bracketed words being broken up on word wrap when I used a RTL formatted HTML file as the source text for the module.
By the way, the font that is used for the Aramaic portion is displaying in English at the moment as E-sword does not seem to support Bible files using OLBHEB.ttf text. I found that converting to Galaxie Unicode seems to display ok, it is just really slow to convert. If there is a way to use OLBHEB.ttf in E-sword, please advise. Thanks for your help in advance.
FIXES WERE: I have been able to correct the verse being displayed before the verse reference by putting the verse references on their own lines.
I have corrected the reversal of word order by keeping the text in RTL mode in word when editing parts of the file there... silly me.. I have to pass this text through four different programs..... as there is no one program that wishes to perform all needed actions.
Edited by Tim Mitch, 31 March 2014 - 01:00 AM.