Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

can't get barclay to open after downloading

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cew2477cew

cew2477cew

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:50 AM

can't get barclay to open after downloading

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:21 PM

Hello,

I assume you are talking about Barclay's Study Bible. I also assume you are using e-Sword for the PC.

I just added a self installing version of this resource, since this material is so popular.

1) Download the EXE version of the resource: barclay.exe

2) As the file downloads, click "Open" or "Run" in your browser to install the module automatically.

3) Restart e-Sword

#3 Jacques Marcoux

Jacques Marcoux

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 04:37 PM

How can I download e-Sword and have Barclay open with my MacPro?

#4 Jogirl

Jogirl

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:17 AM

How can I download e-Sword and have Barclay open with my MacPro?

Please see this thread. It should help you.

http://www.biblesupp...esword-for-mac/

#5 hdrsnr

hdrsnr

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 03:07 PM

I had the same problem. The problem went away when I noticed that my Bible section was open to a OT passage. Since Barclay is a NT commentary, there was nothing for it to display. As soon as I went to Matthew, were were in business. 

I do have a related question though. Barclay's NT Commentary is not listed in under Commentaries in the Downloads section. Is that to be expected, or is there something more that I need to do?

Thanks.

H. Reitz

#6 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 27 April 2021 - 03:53 AM

I had the same problem. The problem went away when I noticed that my Bible section was open to a OT passage. Since Barclay is a NT commentary, there was nothing for it to display. As soon as I went to Matthew, were were in business. 

I do have a related question though. Barclay's NT Commentary is not listed in under Commentaries in the Downloads section. Is that to be expected, or is there something more that I need to do?

Thanks.

H. Reitz

THE BARCLAY DAILY STUDY BIBLE COMMENTARY
The entries in the e-Sword tag "Download" for Commentaries in different languages have been provided directly by Rick Meyers, and are downloaded on-line using the built-in e-Sword Module Downloader, directly into the e-Sword Resource Location folder, in This PC > Windows (C:) > C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword

When there are more recent updates available for these entries, the filename and the date will be highlighted in another color in your e-Sword Downloads lists. A number of these entries for Bibles, Commentaries, Devotions, Graphics, and Reference Books have been updated recently, by Rick Meyers, for e-Sword version 13.0.0.

If a download which is in progress, is paused, due to a network error, click on the additional "Download" tag, and click "stop". Give the network a short time to reconfigure itself. Then select that "Download" tag again, and click "Start". If your network access is still connected, then the download should resume again. Restart e-Sword to see the new additions. 

The Barclay Daily Study Bible Commentary option, which you view in the Commentaries section of e-Sword, on the DSB tag, is applicable when you have selected any of your Bibles which have entries in the New Testament, and have selected one of the NT books covered in that Daily Study Bible Commentary. 

On e-Sword Commentary Maximized (Ctrl+F3) view, select tag "Commentary", and "Information", to see the following information which was added by the person who created this DSB module: "Daily Study Bible: William Barclay's Daily Study Bible: The Gospels, ACTS, Romans, 1 Corinthians, 2 Corinthians, Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Col_1:1-29; Col_2:1-23 Thess, 1&2 Tim, Titus, Philemon, Hebrews, Jas_1:1-27; Jas_2:1-26 Peter, 1,2,&3 John, Jude and Revelation." Unfortunately that person did not include further bibliographical details of the author, and the prior copyrights, or publishing of the book, or the name of the person who provided access to the public, to view the information on BIBLESUPPORT.COM for personal use, using their personal copy of e-Sword. Many of the modules have been copied from old books which are now in the public domain. Copyright which provided exclusive rights to print a document, has expired, according to the copyright laws as they are applied in the United States of America. 

You will be able to read more details about the Barclay Daily Study Bible commentary module, which you can personally download from BIBLESUPPORT.COM on the entry at http://www.biblesupp...ly-study-bible/ There you will also see further positive comments by other readers of the DSB Commentary notes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users