Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

how to install modules

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 02:08 PM

Wrong place to ask the question.. but you will find the instructions on any MySword module download page in the green box...

• How do I view MySword modules?
    Note: After you download the file to your PC or your android device, the file must then be moved to the MySword folder on your android device. If downloading directly to your android device, you may need to install a file explorer app to be able to move the file to your MySword folder if your device does not have one already.

#12 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 23 September 2018 - 05:11 PM

How do I install modules to the MySword android app?

If you have a Samsung Mobile device, either or both a Galaxy Phone and/or a Galaxy Note, you should have SideSync installed on it. All you need to do is install SideSync on your PC, and then you can simply drag and drop files from your PC to your mobile device. All you require is a WiFi connection, and you're home and hose. See video below.

X (formerly Twitter)

#13 walmermd

walmermd

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHallandale Beach, FL

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:11 PM

I'm trying to install Mahan, Henry - Gospel According to Isaiah. exe file. I use the installer. Any ideas how to get this installed? It doesn't show up in my e-sword. walmermd

Edited by walmermd, 13 August 2019 - 07:54 PM.

#14 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:05 AM

Check your Reference library after you have restarted e-Sword

#15 walmermd

walmermd

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationHallandale Beach, FL

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:23 PM

Check your Reference library after you have restarted e-Sword

JPG, GOT IT!! THANK YOU!!! (I discovered other reference books I had in there, too!! Ha ha! Thanks!)

#16 ERIC KARIUKI

ERIC KARIUKI

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2022 - 08:56 AM

Please can you help me to install my module on Android

#17 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 02 February 2022 - 10:31 AM

Please can you help me to install my module on Android

What program are you talking about.

There is e-Sword for Android and there is MySword for Android.

If e-Sword then the developer is working on a simple way of installing.

If MySword then you should be able to search the forum and find the answer to this often asked and answered question. Basically copy the file to the correct folder.

#18 Olaf Bacon

Olaf Bacon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 25 April 2022 - 04:57 PM

There are various types and makes of computer, and communication devices, each with different operating systems, marketed by different companies. The developer of e-Sword has developed different e-Sword applications. Access the developer's web-site at https://www.e-sword.net/ then select the LINKS option. Select the type of e-Sword appropriate for your device. Then, from the web page you have moved to, select the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions), and read the entries carefully. Follow instructions. You will find an option to contact the developer if you have problems.

The modules which are applicable to all devices, running the most recent updates of e-Sword, all have a filename with the file type having the format *.xxxi (the last letter of the four-letter file type, after the period, has the letter "i". The previous three letters indicate various varieties of e-Sword modules). This will work on Microsoft PC running e-Sword after version e-Sword 12.2 and e-Sword version 13, and later, and on the touch-screen devices Apple Mac, iPhone, iPad, and also on the Android devices which are running various varieties of the Linux operating system. A systematic process is being carried out on biblesupport.com to provide the modules which have been uploaded here, into the latest format. This changes RTF coding into HTML coding inside the module. This process is ongoing at present.

Any modules you find here on biblesupport.com with only *.xxx (there are only three letters in the file type) are for e-Sword for Windows version 8 and earlier.
Any module on biblesupport.com with *.xxxx (four letters in the file type, with the last letter "x" will only work on e-Sword for Windows with e-Sword version 11 and later, and not work on e-Sword for Mac, nor with e-Sword for the iPhone, nor for e-Sword for the iPad, nor with e-Sword for Android devices.

Files with name *,xxxx files can be converted by using a PC running Microsoft Windows, and using the MODULE CONVERTER app from https://www.e-sword.net/extras.html and then, from your Windows PC, you can send it to your device with has been loaded with e-Sword for that type of device. Try to email the converted module to your device.

After downloading the files to your device, you need to open e-Sword for that device, and then use that version of e-Sword menu "import" option to find the downloaded module, in order to move the downloaded module to the relevant file folder from which e-Sword will find them. Please read the details on the FAQ page, from the developer, Rick Meyers, and follow his instructions carefully.

If you have an android device, you will first need to have loaded e-Sword for Android to your device. You will find the links on https://www.e-sword.net then access the LINKS option, then select e-Sword for Android, then follow the appropriate download and FAQ links and instructions.
Rick Meyers, the developer of e-Sword for Android devices, has provided answers to Frequently Asked Questions on his website, page https:// www.e-sword.net/android/faq.htm LINK: https://www.e-sword.net/android/faq.htm  Look under the heading HOW DO I GET MY PC E‑SWORD MODULES INTO E‑SWORD for Android? Rick Meyers's instruction is that, after you have transferred the required module to your Android device:
"Open e-Sword for Android, tap the menu button on the Bible view's top toolbar, then select the "Import" menu item. Browse to the directory where you copied the converted modules into and select them. The modules will be imported, but if there are any problems with a module it will be ignored."

A summary of the procedure that works, is on http:// www.biblesupport.com/topic/11746-e-sword-for-android-import-featurefunction/
The LINK is: http://www.biblesupport.com/topic/11746-e-sword-for-android-import-featurefunction/

Edited by Olaf Bacon, 29 July 2022 - 01:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users