Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

how to install modules

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 marbryan

marbryan

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

Can I have the step by step process on how to install modules on my esword program? I am running  windows 8?Please help

#2 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:43 PM

If  you have .exe files downloaded just double click on it and follow instructions.  If you have .zip files double click and a window should open with the file.  Right click on it and choose copy.  Navigate to program files (x86)/esword and right click in the file area and choose paste.

There is also an installer you can download -- others might know where.

#3 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

There is also an installer you can download -- others might know where.

http://www.biblesupp...ler-04-updated/

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#4 randy.l.weir

randy.l.weir

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 12:06 AM

How can I install the bblx modules to my esword?

#5 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:33 AM

How can I install the bblx modules to my esword?

The easiest way is to download the module installer available here on Bible Support. Once you have this program downloaded and installed on your computer, you simply click the module file you want to install and the module installer will start automatically allowing the module to be installed with just a single mouse click .

Here is the link to download the module installer:

http://www.biblesupp...dule-installer/

#6 dfbreeden

dfbreeden

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:53 AM

I right click on the module and follow the steps but I still do not see the download in my e-sword application.

#7 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 20 September 2018 - 09:34 PM

I right click on the module and follow the steps but I still do not see the download in my e-sword application.

So, what did you actually download?

X (formerly Twitter)

#8 Tj Higgins

Tj Higgins

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 09:43 AM

Modules will not download directly into your e-sword folder unless you are downloading from within e-sword itself. Downloads from this site need to be installed into e-sword and the best tool for that is the Module installer. The best method is to download and install the module installer from this site first then when you download modules from here download them to you windows desktop. After the module downloads to the desktop click it and the module installer will activate allowing you to install the module into the e-sword program folder

#9 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 21 September 2018 - 06:28 PM

Modules will not download directly into your e-sword folder unless you are downloading from within e-sword itself. Downloads from this site need to be installed into e-sword and the best tool for that is the Module installer. The best method is to download and install the module installer from this site first then when you download modules from here download them to you windows desktop. After the module downloads to the desktop click it and the module installer will activate allowing you to install the module into the e-sword program folder

Actually, installers whether using the Module Installer or the Setup installer programs for the resources, their default path is always C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword, unless changed by the user. See Screenshot below.

Resource Installers.jpg

That said, if one is downloading naked resource files, as in bblx, cmtx, and etc directly from the web browser, then one should take note of where the download path is.

There are only two options of where resources are downloaded, which are:
  1. C:\Program Files (x86)\e-Sword, or
  2. C:\Downloads

unless the user has customized the download path. Nowhere else!

So, my take on this is the person hasn't got a clue as to what he/she is doing, and the issue that he/she is facing is of his or her own origin/making, which is a classical PEBKAC, or is totally computer illiterate, or just totally blind, and not seeing what he or she is doing. Unreal!

Edited by APsit190, 21 September 2018 - 06:33 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

#10 William Kuevogah

William Kuevogah

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 11:43 AM

How do I install modules to the MySword android app?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users