Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword NT for Android?

15 replies to this topic

#11 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

Still working with the phone, haven't even unboxed the tablet yet. I downloaded the ES File Manager from Play Store and downloaded several Bible versions from MediaFire. Used the file manager to move them from Download folder to MySword, then restarted MySword. The only Bibles that show up and will open are those I originally installed from within MySword -- none of the new ones. Guess I'm still missing something, but don't know what. How can I make MySword 'see' these Bibles so I can select and read them? I will eventually want to get some commentaries also, but may as well master the Bibles first.

#12 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 11:02 AM

Not acquainted with what you are up to on the phone, but might you have two mysword directories?  In settings there is a place to set up the path to the modules.  Look at it and choose whether you want the modules at that location or at the other.  If the other just change the path to it and move resources to the one directory.

On the bottom bar tap the gear and  then select modules path.

#13 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:40 PM

Excentric,

OK, when I go to Settings > Select Modules path, the little blue dot is beside "Android SD Card data path (deleted upon uninstall)"

Just above the OK / Cancel buttons is the following path:

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.riversoft.android.mysword/files

I tap on OK and MySword comes up on John 1:1. I am unable to select one of the modules that I placed in mysword folder. This is visible using Windows Explorer under Earl Melton (SPH-L720). Under that is 'Phone.' Expanding it shows folders, but nothing designating what is or is not on the SD card. Only one mysword folder. Inside it are the modules I put there from Patchworkid that I am trying to see in the reader. I don't know where to move them or even if they [need] to be moved. How can I move those files to the above path when that path doesn't even show up in explorer?

Is all that as clear as mud? Sorry to seem so inept, but I just don't know what to do here.

Edited by EarlMelton, 15 February 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#14 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

Hi Earl,

1. Open MySword
2. Click on the spoke icon (from the left side is the magnifying glass) this will give you some options
3, click on Select Module Path
4. Select - Custom data path
5. Type this: /storage/extSdCard/mysword
6. Click OK

follow the instructions from there.

To move or copy modules:

1. Download the modules (unzip them if you need to)
2. Go to your main download folder (found in My files) open
3. Click on Devise Storage
4. Go to the Download folder
5. Check the module you want
6. Select the arrow (cut&move) or 2papers (copy)
7. Use the arrow pointing up (on the right Download) click on the arrow (2or3 times) until you go all the way out
8. Select extSdCard folder
9. Select mysword folder
10. Open the folder and choose the folder you want the module to go. Example: a bible then click on the bible folder and paste it there

now notice these words: extSdCard and mysword. Make sure the spelling is correct

hope this helps you.

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#15 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

Hi

you can also download the modules using your tablet or phone.

I had issues with an old sd card not being good quality. The effects was mysword not reading the modules, so I finally brought a Samsung Micro Sd Csrd now it works.
I download all my modules using my tablet and move them where I want.

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#16 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:50 AM

Patchworkid,

Thanks so much for these last two replies. I really believe I'll be able to do exactly what is needed now. Well, not exactly NOW, but as soon as I get a big OS problem solved. :( I've somehow acquired a major malware attack, virus or something. May be able to get it all sorted out this weekend,

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users