Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

A Chronological Bible

3 replies to this topic

#1 owo

owo

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:02 AM

Hi Everyone,

I found a decent break down of the Old testament books in a chronological order of basic events. Now I wanted to cut and paste the format to make one cohesive Bible text.....

So I have started in ESWORD and started adding the headings and the actual BIBLE TEXT in the order of arraignment as has been dictated by my source in the .TOPX format with the hopes of making it also readable for the MYSWORD.

Does this sound like a good approach or would you suggest something else? Is there any limit in how much I can add to a .TOPX file before it becomes unusable??

Appreciate any suggestions or help with this!

Cheers, jeff

#2 Stanley Woo

Stanley Woo

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

Hi, 

For Chronological bible, I have based on chronological order published by Thomas Nelson. However, I didn't use make a .TPOX file. I simply make it to .BBLX. by using superscript (because most of the bibles are 31102 lines, I just need to re-arrange it and re-format it to superscript).

If you have the completed source file, I find that useful to convert it to PDF format, and use it for story telling purposes.

Blessings,

from Stanley

#3 owo

owo

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

Thanks Stanley,

this inspired me as I was reading your email this morning I ran across a document in one of my dropboxes it was an old PDF file of a chronological order more like what you're talking about, a storybook type overview which would be fantastic for the purpose I'm creating it for...instead  of a long intensive version which I'll probably end up finishing also..... But I will do this new version of the story book style 1st and email it to you as soon as I get it.

Jeff 

#4 mgh7265

mgh7265

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2023 - 11:53 AM

has anybody finished this project. I would love to have a chronological bible in esword. I will gladly pay for this. Also, can i import audio bibles into esword. I love to hear the bible while i read it. I really retain it when i do this. 

So how about this, can somebody develope an audio chronological bible in esword? Am i dreaming?  

Have a great day

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users