Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

KJC Dictionary - multiple English words for one Greek word

2 replies to this topic

#1 BrianDunning

BrianDunning

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationYork, England

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:50 AM

I love the KJC Dictionary which tells me what English words are used to translate the one Greek (or Hebrew) word.

But it only gives the references. 

How can I copy and paste and get the English (KJV) FULL verse into M/S Word for futher notes and study?

Thanks for your help.

PS Wonderful product.  Helped install it in Tanzania for a church leader who didn't have access to any books.

#2 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

Hi,

I am assuming that you want to find "all" the verses that use the word (let's just pick one at random) that has been translated as 'beginning', as in John 1:1.

and then find "ALL" the other verses that use that same Greek word (In this case - G746 ἀρχή archē), and see how those were translated and what English words were used?

1) Have the KJV+ bible pulled up (KJV with Strongs)

2) Go to the verse that has the target word in it (John 1:1)

3) right click on the strong's number (G746) and select quick search -> entire bible

4) A search dialog box will open up. Add the search results (1st little icon in a group of 5, upper right) to a verse list (give the list an appropriate name, in this case "G746 verse list")

5) Close the search dialog window. In the bible window, choose the bible version that you want your WORD document to display (Maybe KJV without the strongs)

6) Select "Bible - Verse list" from the main menu

7) Select your just saved list from the drop down selection

8) Select the copy search results icon

9) The copy verse dialog opens. Choose the Verse formatting you want and then choose copy (This will send the verses to the clip board)

10) Open WORD and paste.....

Hopefully this will give you what you want

Roy

#3 BrianDunning

BrianDunning

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationYork, England

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:29 AM

Thanks Roy.  That's exactly what I needed - step by step for a complete novice.  Brilliant. :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users