Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How to type plain text after a hyperlink

17 replies to this topic

#1 ZoeGnosis

ZoeGnosis

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

Whenever I insert a hyperlink into my topic notes and then hit the return all text that follows is forever linked to the hyperlink. This is esspecially frustrating if the hyperlink happens to be the first item in the note, because thereafter all text is linked to the hyperlink even if it is just spaces. And therefore it becomes impossible to insert another hyperlink because it will just change the original. It also becomes impossible to remove the hyperlink if there is no plain text or at least an invisible-plain-text-carriage-return already in the note.

My workaround is to add empty carriage returns before and after the hyperlink, but I often forget that and end up having to delete the enitre note. Also toggle between Raw format and Rich format does nothing.

Has anyone had this problem and/or know the solution? It is not in the manual.

Thanks

David

#2 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 24 January 2014 - 03:38 PM

Hi

my suggestion is to select what you do not want, click delete-hyper link

that should remove it.

I do not use hyperlinks, but to remove them.

Others may have a better solution.

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#3 ZoeGnosis

ZoeGnosis

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

There is no option to remove a hyperlink and just clicking cut, clear, or the delete button may remove the text but the hyperlink is still present albeit invisible. If you just start typing text where the delete was made you will see the new text is shaded in a gray background revealing the hidden hyperlink.

#4 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 January 2014 - 09:55 PM

Whenever I insert a hyperlink into my topic notes and then hit the return all text that follows is forever linked to the hyperlink. This is esspecially frustrating if the hyperlink happens to be the first item in the note, because thereafter all text is linked to the hyperlink even if it is just spaces. And therefore it becomes impossible to insert another hyperlink because it will just change the original. It also becomes impossible to remove the hyperlink if there is no plain text or at least an invisible-plain-text-carriage-return already in the note.

My workaround is to add empty carriage returns before and after the hyperlink, but I often forget that and end up having to delete the enitre note. Also toggle between Raw format and Rich format does nothing.

Thanks

David

This is a quirk of the underlying text display engine.  A simple work around, be sure there is always a space after the place you want to insert a hyperlink. 

#5 McLenachan

McLenachan

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:33 PM

So, I hyperlinked to a website against my better judgment and want to remove it.  This thread doesn't explain how, anyone know?

:wacko:

#6 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:43 PM

place the cursor at the end of the text which makes up the link. back space over the text removing it "INCLUDING" the space preceeding the linked text.then just retype the text you ...no link.

e.g.

text text text link text text.

^ cursor here.

text text texttext text.

^ i backed over " link " including the spaces

^       ^ these spaces I mean...

text text text unlinked text inserted here text text.

^ inserted new text 

Follow??

Edited by Roy, 07 July 2016 - 08:44 PM.

#7 McLenachan

McLenachan

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 02:46 AM

Got rid of the link but the grey area can still be brought up if I space bar after it. Right now the grey area is hidden, still bugs me but I will pretend it isn't there. :D  Guess I'm not sure what you mean. thanks for the help.

I like to use hyperlinks in my journal but would like to have the option of removing them when I change my mind. Scripture hyperlinks are great.

#8 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:52 AM

Hi
After the text. Right click scroll down to remove formatting.

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#9 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:44 AM

Patch .. we are talking about the e-Sword topic editor. I do not think there is a "Remove formatting" option there.

McLenachan,

here is what I ment.

One two three.

words one & three are regular text. two is a link.

put your cursor right next to the 't' in the word three.

^

back-space over "_two_". Here the under_Score represents a space"

so you have

Onethree.

then retype your text.

one four three.

If your word is at the beginning of a line like this.

blah blab blah.

One two three.

blah blab blah.

then you have to back space to the end of the previous line like this.

blah blab blah.two three.

blah blab blah.

and retype your text

blah blab blah.

Zero two three.

blah blab blah.

(I replaced the link text with the word zero.)

For this to work you have to be able to back-space past the beginning of the linked text.

If that text is at the beginning of the doc, you are out of luck.

Roy

Edited by Roy, 08 July 2016 - 05:45 AM.

#10 APsit190

APsit190

e-Sword Tools Developer

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,867 posts
  • LocationLand of the Long White Cloud (AKA New Zealand)

Posted 08 July 2016 - 05:21 PM

Thanks

David

Placing hyperlinks are really dead easy. and is done in a breeze

• Type in the text as you would normally do, and as Roy had sort of shown: Blah blah blahblah, (and imagine the text in bold is what you want to hyperlink) blah blah hoo hoo ha ha blah blah blah.
  • Select the text you want to hyperlink, and then in your toolbar, click on the Hyperlink icon, and then from the Hyperlink Dialog, select what type of link it is.

By typing out all of the text first, which would include the text you want as a hyperlink, and then by actually selecting the text you want to link, you wont have the linked text mixing in with the rest of the text. Imagine what you see below as the "selected" text:

>blah blah hoo hoo ha ha<

That is the area you need to select. What was typed before, and what was typed after wont be affected by the link.

For more information and help, refer to your e-Sword User Guide, page 108, Insert Hyperlinks.

I hope and trust this helps you.

Blessings,

Autograph.png

Edited by APsit190, 08 July 2016 - 05:34 PM.

X (formerly Twitter)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users