Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

- - - - -

e-sword for microsoft surface tablet

6 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 24 December 2013 - 05:26 PM

does their exist a version of e-sword for the Microsoft surface tablet?   I downloaded the regular version but received a message that it could not be installed in the tablet and should use software from the Microsoft surface store.   However e-sword is not available in the store.

#2 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:29 PM

I have it on an Iconia but it takes a mouse to use.  Not sure why it wouldn't work on yours unless it is processor type.

There are some for metro but not all that functional.

Tried bluestacks with mysword and it worked fairly well.

#3 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

Victor....

It depends which Surface you got....If you got the "RT" ....E-sword won't work on it ! If you got the Surface Pro or Surface Pro2...... you

shouldn't have any problems.....except on the 10" screen (Too many books take up a lot of Window space.) The Surface Pro uses Windows 8.....and the Surface Pro2 uses Windows 8.1....both run E-sword quite well ! I'm using a Lenovo  11.6" screen....w/ Windows 8.1 and I'm having no problems at all. (Which makes me feel you may have a Surface RT). I debated for quite some time on which to get....I wanted small and portability.....but I was afraid of the 10' screen....the 11.6 is as small as you can go w/o space problems.

You do have to have a preferably wireless "Mouse"....tho a "Stylus" will work. A Bluetooth will work nicely as well. Let us know how all this works out for you.....it'll help others to maybe make their minds up about future tablet purchases ! 

Dartmaster644

#4 TimPhaler

TimPhaler

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

Victor,

I currently have the Surface Pro 2 and have had no issues at all with E-Sword so I would have to agree with Dartmaster that you might have gotten the Surface RT which E-Sword will not work on. And I must say that E-Sword on this device is absolutely incredible!!! But you definitely would need a mouse or stylus (the Microsoft stylus works wonderfully though). Best of luck and hopefully it works out for you!

In His grace and love

Tim Phaler

#5 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

If you need a program to use in metro Logos has a free one and you can access your modules if you own Logos.  Glo has a free one also but both need the net I think.  there are others I have not tried.

#6 wiesbrbj

wiesbrbj

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 06:27 AM

Does anyone know if E-sword will be able to be loaded on a Surface RT? I can't load E-sword or Logos on it. Beginning to look like I purchased the wrong tablet for what I want to use it for.

#7 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:09 AM

Last I heard RT won't take it, maybe someone can clarify if I'm wrong.  I base my into on this thread.

If you need something else, take it back and see if they will exchange for the bigger unit.

Edited by exscentric, 30 March 2014 - 11:13 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users