Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Disappearing topics

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:36 AM

In my mail inbox, I received a notice saying that topic "opisy na gg" had been started. Coming here, I don't see it. This is the third or fourth time I've received a notice about a new topic, that I can't find on the site.

Are these:
* Topics that you manage to delete before I wander over here;
* Topics that are "private";
* Something else;

Curious.

jonathon

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:10 AM

In my mail inbox, I received a notice saying that topic "opisy na gg" had been started. Coming here, I don't see it. This is the third or fourth time I've received a notice about a new topic, that I can't find on the site.

Are these:
* Topics that you manage to delete before I wander over here;
* Topics that are "private";
* Something else;

Curious.

jonathon

Automated spam bots.. Going to have to put a question challenge on signups like I did with the contact form. Without getting the question right, you can't signup. With vBulletin software, a single day without a spam question would yield over a hundred spam signups and that's on a low traffic hobby airplane club website. IPBoard isn't as popular as vBulletin (and not targeted as much by spammers) so I thought I might slide by without it, but apparently not.

The trouble is finding a question that everyone knows the answer to and that there's really just one right answer to (although I can have multiple right answers).I think anyone visiting this website should know the spam question (currently used for the Contact page), which is Who died on the cross 2,000 years ago.

#3 jonathon

jonathon

e-Sword Fanatic

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:50 AM

Automated spam bots.

I wondered about that, but thought you were already using Captchas for registration.

jonathon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users