Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Editor Green pop up scripture Help

1 reply to this topic

#1 Michellerosecusack

Michellerosecusack

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:55 PM

I have forgotten how to put in a scripture like say Hab 2:4 turn it into the pop up. This is where If you where to hover over thils scripture with your mouse it would pop up the verse in the same way KJV+ Strong's numbers do. Like G45 or H420 when typed into editor the Strongs number, definatition and greek/hebrew word. Can someone help me?

#2 breadcrumbs

breadcrumbs

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 December 2013 - 05:16 AM

Within E-Sword.

Working in the Study window, just select the Scripture reference (like you were going to use the copy function) then ctrl J.

Other Options.

If your working on a document and are entering many Scripture references, you might want to use Tooltip NT. (download from this site). It can format all Scripture references at once (for popup purposes reference in E-Sword).

How you do it: with Tooltip

If working on document within E-Sword (example - in study notes). you can export that document by holding ctrl button and right click, select export to desired folder.

With Tooltip, open that document; then using menu pulldown select Scripture, then select tooltip. This will format all Scripture references. Then save document from within Tooltip

Back in E-Sword in your study window hold ctrl button and right click to import your now referenced document from wherever you originally exported it.

You can use Tooltip in the same way if you are working on a document outside of E-Sword.

I know this is more than you asked for, but I remember when I first discovered Tooltip. I was elated. Sometimes you just don't know what tools are available that will make study a little too a lot easier.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users