Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword on Windows 8.1 tablet

21 replies to this topic

#11 turnsouth

turnsouth

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:10 AM

I have a Venue 8 Pro on the way too, looking forward to portable e-Sword. :)

Anyway, I've heard good things about this:

http://www.lovesumme...epointer/en-us/

It is a on screen virtual mouse/track-pad, looks like an ideal solution..

#12 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

Thanks!!!!!  Will give it a try this evening!

#13 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

Should do nicely when I get used to it - thanks!

#14 TimPhaler

TimPhaler

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:25 PM

I have a dell venue 8 pro as well. Just purchased and received the stylus for it and e-Sword is amazingly better with it. But also downloads that software and what a blessing!!! Thanks so much brother!

#15 Ladylucki

Ladylucki

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:02 AM

Would it be accurate then to assume that the latest version of E-Sword will run well on any touch-screen Windows 8 laptop? Is anyone having any problems?

#16 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:33 PM

Laptops are no problem, the tablets however have a very hard time with the tiny arrows to scroll through books and bibles and that sort of thing - it works but with the touch mouse the arrows are workable.

On laptops there is no problem, I've used it even on netbooks.

#17 Robert Williamson

Robert Williamson

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:07 AM

i am presently using E-sword on a Asus t100 tablet.  It seems to hesitate when clicking from one resort to another, ex. one commentary to another, it stall sometimes for 2 to three seconds.  I tried out theword,and it does not do this.  Any itdeas- I would prefer keeping e-sword as i have several paid modules on it.

#18 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

Depending on your processor/memory I'd guess.  If you have a lot of resources it slows esword down.  You can shut off some resources and give it a try.  There is a menu that allows you to select what you want showing.

#19 Roy

Roy

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 12:14 PM

I'm not running eSword on a tablet (yet) but this may help.

You can try the following:

1) unless you need to look up a word in a dictionary, keep the "Topic" selector for the dictionary turned off (With the dictionary window selected use Ctrl-T. From the Dictionary Menu select Topics to toggle.) I know if I select the Websters Dictionary and the Topics navigator is showing/active, it can sometimes cause eword to hang for several seconds (it's a big dictionary!).

2) For your commentaries, keep the "Follow Me" chain turned off. This will prevent the "Automatic" updating of a commentary window whenever you change verses in the bible view. But all you have to do to update the view is click on the chain (turn it on, then turn it right back off). You can also try keeping the "Follow Me" chain icon turned off in the dictionary view as well, turning it on only as needed.

Just a couple thoughts.

Roy

Edited by Roy, 11 May 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#20 mikecindi

mikecindi

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 11 May 2014 - 02:19 PM

I suspect that along with Roy's recommendations having minimal background apps/programs running will help.  The Asus t100 only has 2Gb of RAM and the SSD is a little slow especially when loading/searching large modules.  The processor is easily sufficient (1.33GHz quad-core Atom).  I've used eSword on an MSI Windpad but upgraded the SSD and RAM and had minimal issues after that.  The intel web site indicates that the processor will address 4Gb of RAM but I don't know that your tablet would easily allow the upgrade.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users