Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

How do I stop Pocket e-Sword from always starting at John 3:16

21 replies to this topic

#1 Oblias

Oblias

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

Hello all, first time poster.   I downloaded the PDF guide, but was unable to find an answer to my problem.   I am using e-Sword Mobile on a Dell Axim X50v Pocket PC.   The program is a real blessing, however it becomes a bother when it always starts up, and displays John 3:16, no matter where I was reading last.   Is there a setting or something I'm missing, in order to have this program open at the last place in the Bible where I stopped reading?

I've been having to make bookmarks when I stop reading, so that when I start the program again, and it goes to John 3:16, I then have to select my last bookmark, and that's how I get back to where I left off.

Might someone please tell me how to have this fantastic program open where I stopped at?

Thank you for your time, and a wonderful program that brings many blessings each day for me!!!

Oblias

#2 Hiroshi.Rio

Hiroshi.Rio

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationRio, Brazil

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hi and very welcome. 

Have you installed the last version of pocket e-sword - for Axim it is v.3.0.1 that you can find here: http://www.e-sword.net/pocketpc/

Other thing: if you have other modules installed (bibles, commentaries etc.), did you correctly target the resource? You can check it on pocket e-sword at: 'View' - 'Resource Location'.

Or: if you do not have any other module installed, try to download one (a bible, just for test), put in on selected folder and run the app again. Select your preferred bible and close/reopen the app to see. 

Keep us informed.

0.1)

#3 Oblias

Oblias

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

Thank you for your reply, and your friendly welcome!  :-)

Yes, I have version 3.0.1 installed, however I only have one bible installed to the SD card where I keep the resources.   e-Sword had to be pointed to that directory, but that was just the first time I ran it.   No problem loading the Daily studies, Devotionals,, etc....    

I will install another bible version, and try your suggestion.  I will post again with the results of your suggestions.  Many thanks!!

Oblias

#4 Oblias

Oblias

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

I installed the Modern KJ Version,  but that didn't seem to solve the problem.  Not yet anyway.  I will study the PDF guide more, and see if it's something I'm not doing corrrectly, because I read that the Pocket PC version is not getting help and support anymore, so I suppose I can't expect too much assistance in this forum.  However I do thank you for trying!!

Oblias

#5 Hiroshi.Rio

Hiroshi.Rio

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationRio, Brazil

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:49 AM

Strange… I am using pocket e-sword (pes) too and it is only occurs (I mean, pes opens on John 3:16) at the first that the application runs. So, I think some things:

1. Try to select other versicle on Modern KJ Version, close the pes and open it again.

2. Does pes and the folder with modules are installed at the same place (sd card)?

The last option is reinstall pes to see whats going on.  

#6 Oblias

Oblias

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

I installed pes to main memory on the X50v, then put the resources on a CF card, because those access faster than an SD card, although I have both types  of cards in my Axim to use.  The Axim manual suggests to install program data on the CF, rather than the SD.   

I will try an uninstall, then re-install and let you know how it goes.

Many thanks, once again!

Oblias

#7 Oblias

Oblias

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:30 PM

Well, I get the same outcome.  However, I value this program so much, that I'll just use the bookmark work-around .   Well worth the few extra clicks it takes!!

Thank you for your help!!

Oblias

#8 Hiroshi.Rio

Hiroshi.Rio

Liking e-Sword

• Veterans
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationRio, Brazil

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

Hummm… :unsure:

Other shots:

1. Try to rename the folder that you have your modules (mine is 'Pocket e-sword')

2. Try to install PES at the same place that your modules are (in this case, CF card)

3. Take a look if the number that you have on the string 'Role' is 0x28 (40). You find it at : HKEY_Local_Machine\Security\AppInstall\Pocket e-Sword (if you do not have a registry editor, you can download a PC freeware here: http://ceregeditor.mdsoft.pl )

4. If you want I can check your PES config. Just upload your file: 'Pocket e-Sword.config' at: \Program Files\Pocket e-Sword:

Attached File  Screen001.png   60.09K   3 downloads

#9 Oblias

Oblias

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

I will do as you suggest.   I have some other things going on, but I should be able to post again by tonight.    I'll  download that regedit program now.

As always, thank you!

Oblias

#10 Oblias

Oblias

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:36 PM

Actually I made time to install the main program on the CF card, where the module folder is.  The module folder is already named "Pocket e-sword" so I didn't have to change that.

I fired the main program up, pointed it to the module folder, then started it.  Of course it opened at John 3:16 as it should the first time.  I then switched to Rev 2:1, clicked on the number 1, then closed the program.   Re-started it, same thing, it opened at John 3:16.

I will attach the config file for you to examine, and I will check the registry value a bit later on, and get back to you.  

Blessings to you always!

Oblias

UPDATE::  I get a notification that I'm not permitted to "upload this kind of file" when I attempt to Attach the config file.  I'll try to do a copy paste of what it says....here we go:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Configuration>
  <Settings>
    <setting key="Resource Path" value="\CF Card\Pocket e-Sword" />
    <setting key="Reading Filename" value="" />
    <setting key="Notes Path" value="\My Documents" />
    <setting key="Note Filename" value="" />
    <setting key="Bookmark Collection" value="Default" />
    <setting key="Bible" value="KJVR" />
    <setting key="Parallel Bible 1" value="MKJV" />
    <setting key="Parallel Bible 2" value="(None)" />
    <setting key="Parallel Bible 3" value="(None)" />
    <setting key="Parallel Bible 4" value="(None)" />
    <setting key="Commentary" value="Henry" />
    <setting key="Dictionary" value="KJC" />
    <setting key="Devotional" value="" />
    <setting key="Strong Popup" value="" />
    <setting key="Popup Bible" value="" />
    <setting key="Reading Bible" value="" />
    <setting key="Reference" value="Rev 2:1" />
    <setting key="Text Size" value="2" />
  </Settings>
  <Fonts>
    <font key="Clear Type" value="True" />
    <font key="Default Font" value="Tahoma" />
    <font key="Greek Font" value="Galatia SIL" />
    <font key="Hebrew Font" value="Ezra SIL" />
    <font key="Latin Font" value="Doulos SIL" />
    <font key="Chinese Font" value="PMingLiU" />
    <font key="Cyrillic Font" value="Tahoma" />
    <font key="Korean Font" value="GulimChe" />
    <font key="Thai Font" value="Cordia New" />
  </Fonts>
  <Bibles>
    <bible key="KJVR" value="King James Version (Red Letter)" path="\CF Card\Pocket e-Sword\kjvr.bbl" language="DEFAULT" flags="3" />
    <bible key="MKJV" value="Modern King James Version" path="\CF Card\Pocket e-Sword\mkjv.bbl" language="DEFAULT" flags="19" />
  </Bibles>
  <Commentaries>
    <commentary key="Henry" value="Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible" path="\CF Card\Pocket e-Sword\henry.cmt" />
  </Commentaries>
  <Dictionaries>
    <dictionary key="KJC" value="King James Concordance" path="\CF Card\Pocket e-Sword\kjc.dct" flags="1" />
  </Dictionaries>
  <Devotionals>
    <devotional key="Meyer" value="Our Daily Walk" path="\CF Card\Pocket e-Sword\meyer.dev" />
  </Devotionals>
</Configuration>

That is the entire contents of the config file...

Oblias

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users