Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Genesius

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 jlb1945

jlb1945

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

Can anyone help me find a Genesius Hebrew Chaldee Lexicon module for ESword?

JLB

#2 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:00 AM

http://www.biblesupp...-old-testament/

this is a raw file not a module sorry

Edited by DSaw, 08 November 2013 - 09:35 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#3 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

Hi DSaw,

Can you make this into a module since you are very good at making the other lexicons? linking it to the strongs numbering system.

thanks

Edited by patchworkid, 08 November 2013 - 09:28 AM.

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#4 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

There are an additional two dictionary modules that would be nice to have;

Englishman's Greek Concordance, keyed to Strongs

Englishman's Hebrew Concordance, keyed to Strongs

Both of these concordances are in the public domain.

#5 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

A large Bible website gave me all of the Englishman data almost a year ago. It's cross referenced with occurences in the Bible, Strong's numbers s, etc. The data arrived in a Excel spreadsheet format and I haven't yet taken the time to figure out how to best turn this into a dictionary module.

This is a good reminder. I'd completely forgotten about it.

josh

#6 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

The closest we have to the Englishman's Cordance are the extended Thayer and BDB resources.

The Englishman's Concordance gets into more original language detail. For example, G2347 below in Thayer's actually equates to 8 different Greek words in the Englishman's entry (but all represented by the same Strong's number, G2347).

Example:

Thayer’s Greek Definitions with KJV Analysis

thayer-example.png

Brown Driver Briggs’ Hebrew Definitions with KJV Analysis

bdb-example.png

Englishman's Data (in Excel)

Attached File  englishman's data.jpg   182.16K   96 downloads

#7 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:01 PM

YIKES!  That spreedsheet was frightening.

What I was thinking of is to have the different GK words in a dictionary module.  Then when you clicked on the GK or HEB word in the Bible text, that page would pop up.  The entire verse would appear in the dictionary window, just like it does in the Englishman's Concordance. 

Example:  The student would click on AGAPE, and a list of verses would show with the word AGAPE highlighted in each verse.  At the top of the page the useage (noun, verb, etc. along with the strongs number, meaning, roots, etc.).  A LOT OF WORK and a lot of duplication, but it might be handy to work with. 

Then, with that list, it would be possible to follow the words usage throughout the New Testament.  Think of a scripture tree, with the different branches shooting out from the main trunk.   Having just scripture references, by themselves, would not serve the same purpose.  I can visualize how it would work, but getting it done is something else.

Years ago I used to use the New Englishman's a lot and found it very helpful.  My knowledge of Hebrew was horribley limited - almost as bad as my English.  LOL

#8 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

Patchwork

I'm currently working on Beza's Greek New Testament

and my knowledge of Hebrew is not as good as my Greek

Edited by DSaw, 08 November 2013 - 09:33 PM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#9 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 09 November 2013 - 02:47 AM

Hi all,

Genesius Hebrew Chaldee Lexicon, I will work on this next year, after my study bible set.

Josh, can you post or upload the spread sheet of the dictionary you have received. I would like to look at it.

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#10 mikecindi

mikecindi

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

There is a copy of Genesius for the Word here: http://www.douglasha.../theword-books/ if that helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users