Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Jonathan Mitchell

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Steve D

Steve D

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

He has a module on this website about his personal interpretation of the New Testament.

Now look, I left a lengthy rebuke on his module and with righteous cause.

That man has added words to the New Testament and I showed it in my rebuke towards him on his module.

People like him are a cancer towards Christianity.

All people like him seem to like to do is make their own interpretation without following what is written on the actual manuscripts and the really evil part about it is, that it is as if they do not care so long as they find some corrupt publisher who will give them the time of day and publish their lies just for a pay check.

Anybody who reads his false book and compares it to some of the manuscripts in Greek will see right away that indeed, he has has added quite a bit.

Even to Revelation in the very first verse.

These people are corrupt and use Christianity as a tool sell their filth to the ignorant and gullible who are weak minded.

I have more respect for a Judean who can read and write in Hebrew then write the whole Torah by hand in Hebrew than these modern day corrupt Christian hypocrites who just grab a Bible and change some words and get it published.

These people do not even read or speak Greek let alone can they even read a manuscript.

All they do is copy & paste.

I wrote in his module comment section and I will write it here.

Anybody accusing me of being to hard go read 2 Timothy 3:16.

I am justified in rebuking him.

Before anybody accuse me of hating my brother, note, my brother in Christ does not lie about the Word and anybody who does lie about the Word is not my brother in Christ.

Liars need to start being put out in the open and rebuked in public instead of people being cowards and doing nothing but allow them to continue deceiving others.

I liked e-sword, but, if e-sword is going to continue people to upload anything and everything that is corrupt to their e-sword website just because it has the name "Christian" attached to it, no, I will delete e-sword off my PC, and try to terminate my account here and not recommend this website to any true praticing Christian I know.

You are either a true practicing Christian walking the walk by scripture or you are a hypocrite.

Their is no neutral!

Edited by Steve D, 26 October 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#2 Steve D

Steve D

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

This is what I recommend, do not buy any of these modern day Bibles, none whatsoever.

All these people are doing is copy & pasting from software or the internet from sources that are already printed.

They just change some words using synonyms or change the rearrange the words so they look different in a sentence but it is the same outcome.

Look, people need to wake up and stop being ignorant and gullible.

There is nowhere in the Bible that reads we are to remain in ignorance.

We have manuscripts and if somebody is going to make an interpretation from any manuscript then that person needs to mention what manuscript, who did the interpreting, key that thing to Strong's Concordance, and make mention which words/verses/chapters are missing and which other manuscript was used to fill in the gap.

This is not new, only new to those who chose to remain in ignorance by not even taking the initiative and making the effort to better educate themselves on what is what in their own Bible and where it came from.

If this was my website that kind of false interpreting would not be tolerated, it would be removed ASAP if it even got on here to begin with and that person would be terminated by account.

#3 dartmaster644

dartmaster644

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

Steve D....

Without a few "Key" examples of what has you so upset....it sounds as if you're a bit of a "Malcontent". I don't agree or disagree with your conclusion....however I'd like to see a few examples of what it is precisely, that has sparked your "Outburst". It seems only "fair" that you exhibit a few illustrative "Examples"...for our examination.

Dartmaster644 

PS...Sorry....I didn't see your comments in the Jonathan Mitchell's New Testament MS1

page ! You have given a few examples there.

Edited by dartmaster644, 26 October 2013 - 07:29 AM.

#4 BaptizedBeliever

BaptizedBeliever

Christian

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

SteveD,

You go crazy screaming about words being added.  Are you serious?  There are words in parenthesis (alternate translations) and brackets (explanitory) are the added words.  It is obvious from the format that they are not to be considered as part of the inspired text.  Then you freak out because the word "signs" appears in Revelation 1:1.  And you put the Greek and KJV up to "prove" that it was added (and say it in a very hateful way).  Did you look at what you pasted in before posting your "outrage"?  The word "signified" (literally, told in signs or symbols) was in what you pasted as proof that "signs" didn't belong there. 

I gotta ask, can you ready Greek, or did you just copy/paste that stuff?

Speaking the truth in love... regardless of whether your assertions are valid or not, it was definitely not spoken in love.

-Brad

#5 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:52 AM

Hi Jonathan Mitchell

Bradley Cobb suggested that you should do a commentary and I second that notion.

Your work is good (4 out of 5 stars) I have to take one away due too much wording in your bible. It looks like you have a commentary (footnotes) in your bible which makes it longer to read.

I did a small comparison of the amp and your bible, and your bible is bigger than the amp (wow).

This is just my observation.

To make your commentary is easy. Open up Tool Tip tool Nt (T4). Click on Modules, scroll down to Bibles, click on Read bible.... there is a bit more to do.
I can help you remake your bible into a commentary, then you can rearange it to your liking.

Thanks
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#6 citvnet

citvnet

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationDoral, Florida

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

Dear Steve D.

Mitchells NT is not supposed to be translation for the everyday reader. His work is exegetical and expository and reveals the nuances of the NT Greek. I have been studying the NT in the Greek for 25 years. Mr. Mitchells work is accurate and true to the Greek. It sounds to me that you have never studied the Greek. You sound like man criticizing race car drivers, yet who has never been in a race car. I would respectfully suggest you to study NT Greek before you criticize Mr Mitchells work.  I have been using his NT for about two years and it has been a blessings. You owe Mr. Mitchell and apology.

Many blessings

Pastor Jose Alvarez

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users