Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Commentaries - William Barclay's Daily Study Bible

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:56 AM

File Name: William Barclay's Daily Study Bible

File Submitter: patchworkid

File Submitted: 10 Oct 2013

File Category: Commentaries

Author: William Barclay
e-Sword Version: 9.x - 10.x

This NT commentary set is excellent and often recognized for it's devotional value — if you can get past his poor theology.

What do I mean?

His grasp of history is phenomenal. His discussion of the background of every NT passage is absolutely filled with interesting and applicable information. His use of Greek is also excellent, yet judicious. There is no need to know any Greek/Hebrew to understand his comments. Reading this commentary can help to unlock the literal, historical, grammatical meaning of the text.

However, his theology is - at best - inconsistent, and occasionally downright heretical. You can read this review of his theology if you’re interested.

BOTTOM LINE: this is an excellent historical-grammatical commentary; just skip his theological comments.

(Description credit: Doctor Dave)

Installation:

1) Download the EXE version of the resource: barclay.exe

2) As the file downloads, click "Open" or "Run" in your browser to install the module automatically.

3) Restart e-Sword

Click here to download this file

Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#2 Jer03

Jer03

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 12:34 PM

I have this valuable study tool on my Windows machines and Android. However I could not download and install on my iPad. The browsers would not download the exe, and I am not sure where the Downloads go on the iPad. the Safari sent it to Yahoo email, but that did not open the exe.

Any help?

Thanks,

Jerry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users