Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

A new user to this forum .

Whole Bible

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dwight_H

Dwight_H

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

I  am a new user to this forum.   I have been using e-sword with since Ver 9 and have been blessed by reading "The Word"  on my computer.

I have an HP printer Officejet 8600 that prints  both sides of the paper is I set the settings. I've done it is a simple setting to tell the computer I want to print
on both sides. It saves paper and allows me to keep things more organized. I know I've used this in the past, but in recent months e-sword just dumps everything out on single sheets regardless of my specifications. I recently came across material that I may want to print but I can't print that much paper. Also some of my notes take a lot of paper. Is there something I should be doing different?

It is not a problem with the printer since other aps do it fine. Thank you for any suggestions in advance

Dwight

#2 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

Hi, Dwight,

I don't have duplexing on my printer, but try this:

1) push the "print preview" button

2) push "print" from the "e-Sword Print Preview" window

3) select "Preferences" from the Print dialogue box

4) choose "Advanced..." from the Printing Preferences dialogue box

5) verify all of these settings are correct - including that you have the correct printer selected and all of the other "Printer Features" that are available

Let us know if this works or not.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#3 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

Forget it, Doc Dave beat me with a much more helpful suggestion :-)

Edited by exscentric, 25 August 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#4 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

I have a duplex printer and decided to test this e-Sword would not print in duplex for me

You can do a work around if there is a PDF creator in your printer list within e-Sword print to the pdf creator save the file  open the file and print from there  ( in fact i think any file creator will work)

I think this may be a bug

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#5 Dwight_H

Dwight_H

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 25 August 2013 - 02:37 PM

Doc Dave,

I tried that and it goes through all the stuff, like you said, It even allows me to select the print on two sides, but it just ignores the selection. 

Dsaw, thank you for checking it, It confirms I'm not imagining this Thank you for the suggestion!. I will check the  PDF function. 

Thank you for any help

`

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users