Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Have not found the following books here

7 replies to this topic

#1 1Stephen1

1Stephen1

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:33 AM

Adam Clarke commentary

Matthew Henry commentary

I've looked in the Commentary section but didn't see it.

I do not understand what is the sense of having that search bar in the top right if it does not search for related stuff on this website.

#2 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:42 AM

The Adam Clarke Commentary, and both Matthew Henry Commentaries are available as a free download from within e-Sword itself.

Posted Image

#3 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 23 August 2013 - 05:00 AM

Adam Clarke commentary

Matthew Henry commentary

I've looked in the Commentary section but didn't see it.

I do not understand what is the sense of having that search bar in the top right if it does not search for related stuff on this website..

The search for this site is pretty bad, primarily because

If you look at the menu tabs at the top of your e-Sword window the third tab from the right says Download, this takes you the built in download area of the e-Sword site. 

You will find both the Clark and the Henery commentaries there.  This site doesn't offer modules that are on that site partially because several of the modules there are distributed by special arrangement only.  The e-Sword site also lists premium modules (where the copy right holders demand payment).

The search for this site is pretty lame, in part because the default for it is set to search Google, NOT the site itself.  So if you hit where it says Google next to the "magnifying glass" icon you can set it to e-Sword downloads.  It will revert to default after the search, but that is the way the program was written.

The search feature is not something that is provided by the person who owns/runs the site, but by the company that sells/rents the internet access to the site. 

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#4 1Stephen1

1Stephen1

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

The Adam Clarke Commentary, and both Matthew Henry Commentaries are available as a free download from within e-Sword itself.

Your comment is void of being specific.

#5 1Stephen1

1Stephen1

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

If you look at the menu tabs at the top of your e-Sword window the third tab from the right says Download, this takes you the built in download area of the e-Sword site. 

You will find both the Clark and the Henery commentaries there.  This site doesn't offer modules that are on that site partially because several of the modules there are distributed by special arrangement only.  The e-Sword site also lists premium modules (where the copy right holders demand payment).

The search for this site is pretty lame, in part because the default for it is set to search Google, NOT the site itself.  So if you hit where it says Google next to the "magnifying glass" icon you can set it to e-Sword downloads.  It will revert to default after the search, but that is the way the program was written.

The search feature is not something that is provided by the person who owns/runs the site, but by the company that sells/rents the internet access to the site. 

I went to the "Downloads" tab then to "Download Area".

From there I went to the "Commentaries" (which has 192 next to it on the right) which is underneath the "e-Sword Categories".

There are "20pgs." and I looked on every single page but did not see Matthew Henry or Adam Clarke.

So I ask "If they are here on this website, where are they?"

Please be very specific in detailing their location just as I have very specifically detailed my search to you.

Thank you for the insight concerning the search bar since I did not know that.

I will check this topic tonight or tomorrow to see if anybody has found them since I personally have not.

PEACE!

#6 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

I went to the "Downloads" tab then to "Download Area".

From there I went to the "Commentaries" (which has 192 next to it on the right) which is underneath the "e-Sword Categories".

There are "20pgs." and I looked on every single page but did not see Matthew Henry or Adam Clarke.

So I ask "If they are here on this website, where are they?"

Please be very specific in detailing their location just as I have very specifically detailed my search to you.

Thank you for the insight concerning the search bar since I did not know that.

I will check this topic tonight or tomorrow to see if anybody has found them since I personally have not.

PEACE!

The Download area I was talking about is found in the tabs of the e-Sword program itself. 

Open e-Sword, select the Download tab, select commentaries, scroll down to English Free listing (Default starting point if you have configured e-Sword to run in English) the Adams commentary is the first on the list of English commentaries (they are sorted by language and name.)

There are two Matthew Henery commentaries Complete on the Entire Bible and Concise they are 12th and 13th respectively on the English Free listing.

As I explained before they are NOT on this site, because they are on the e-Sword built in downloader, this site doesn't distribute modules for the built in downloader.

The modules distributed here are primarily ones made by e-Sword users from material that is out of copy right, or where permission has been granted by the copy right holder.

Edited by Baunllaw, 23 August 2013 - 12:05 PM.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#7 1Stephen1

1Stephen1

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

The Download area I was talking about is found in the tabs of the e-Sword program itself. 

Open e-Sword, select the Download tab, select commentaries, scroll down to English Free listing (Default starting point if you have configured e-Sword to run in English) the Adams commentary is the first on the list of English commentaries (they are sorted by language and name.)

There are two Matthew Henery commentaries Complete on the Entire Bible and Concise they are 12th and 13th respectively on the English Free listing.

As I explained before they are NOT on this site, because they are on the e-Sword built in downloader, this site doesn't distribute modules for the built in downloader.

The modules distributed here are primarily ones made by e-Sword users from material that is out of copy right, or where permission has been granted by the copy right holder.

Ah ha!

Thank you very much sir and hopefully you will have a good day (or night depending on your timezone upon reading this).

#8 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

Ah ha!

Thank you very much sir and hopefully you will have a good day (or night depending on your timezone upon reading this).

No problem, it is easy to forget the vast disparities in the level of e-Sword and computer skills we find here.  As a result,some of us  (myself especially) talk in "short hand" when detailed and basic explanations are needed.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users