Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

e-Sword 10.2 Sneak Peak [Now Released]

30 replies to this topic

#21 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 02 August 2013 - 10:30 PM

I have installed v10.2 of e-Sword, and the Macros and e-Sword HotKey still work fine!  There is the issue of the clipboard Copy bug still out there.  There is a work around for the editors, if you switch the editor to Page view, then Copy and Cut work correctly.  This will not fix the problem with Commentaries or Dictionaries. 

I'm not sure what the problem is them.  Whenever I hit a macro button it copies whatever is in the clipboard to my MS Word...the problem is that it doesn't matter what macro I invoke...hit the search button, no search window appears, just what ever happens to be in the clipboard copied to my word proc window.

If I hit the Paste Verses macro button, no window appears for me to select the verses I want copied, just whatever was already in my clipboard.

I can change the translation, but it seems to have no effect on what gets copied.

I'm running Windows 7 32 bit, and Office 2003 (I also tried Hot Key on Open Office)

Hot Yields no response windows for Search or Copy/Style, though it does allow me to change versions. 

OT NT and Verse allows me to select verses...and that changes what is displayed in my e-sword window, but has no effect on my Word window...though it does enter the book chapter and verse into my clipboard (though alas, not the verses themselves.)

Hit the Paste verses macro, same result

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#22 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

Have you tried reinstalling the macros? 

#23 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:37 AM

I just reinstalled both the macros and Hot Key, no change.  :(

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#24 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

e-Sword version 10.2.1 has been posted.  The Copy and Paste bug has been fixed.  

Baunllaw - I can confirm that e-Sword HotKey and the Macros in Tooltip were indeed broken with version 10.2.0 and 10.2.1.  HOWEVER - there are new Macros for download at http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html and they fixed the problem.  

#25 TimPhaler

TimPhaler

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:15 AM

I am too still having the problem of searching with the new macros and also copy and pasting. All that I can do is change the translation and convert Scripture references.

Maybe doing something wrong?

#26 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

I am too still having the problem of searching with the new macros and also copy and pasting. All that I can do is change the translation and convert Scripture references.

The problem was fixed with release 10.2.1 which was released 8/5/13.  (at least it solved the similar problems I had) there are also new macros.

e-Sword 10.2.1 is here

http://www.e-sword.net/downloads.html

The new macros are here:

http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html

(scroll down)

You might have to hit the reset e-sword setting in the Help tab to get the full fix.

#27 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

Click Help > About and verify that you are running e-Sword 10.2.1.

#28 TimPhaler

TimPhaler

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:01 PM

Did all that and reset settings twice. Everytime I attempt to search or paste it just paste whatever I had previously copied. There is no way for me to copy and search verses like before the update. I did notice that when I select a Bible translation it says v10.0.0 but on my actual Esword program when I click on about and version it's the newest. Maybe that helps?? I'm so lost with all this.

You guys are great!

#29 DeCann

DeCann

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

e-Sword version 10.2.1 has been posted.  The Copy and Paste bug has been fixed.  

Baunllaw - I can confirm that e-Sword HotKey and the Macros in Tooltip were indeed broken with version 10.2.0 and 10.2.1.  HOWEVER - there are new Macros for download at http://www.e-sword.net/extras.html and they fixed the problem.  

Are you saying that ALL copy paste problems are fixed - or just those that relate to e-Sword HotKey and the Macros in Tooltip?

No problem highlighting text in Bible view or a topic note and pasting elsewhere?

#30 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Copy and Paste from Commentaries, Topic Notes, etc., has been fixed.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users