Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Theopneustia: The Plenary Inspiration of the Holy Scriptures

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 butchylewis

butchylewis

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

I would like to see if someone has a copy of "Theopneustia: The Plenary Inspiration of the Holy Scriptures" by Louis Gaussen. There is a theWord module available, but the format of it make the tables totally unreadable. I wanted it made in an e-Sword file anyway.

Here is a link to the book online in pdf format chapter by chapter.

http://www.biblicals...eopneustia.html

Also from Archive.org

http://archive.org/d...iaple00gausgoog

theWord module

http://www.twmodules...oly-scriptures/

Thank you.

butchylewis

Edited by butchylewis, 21 July 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

The footnotes are lacking in theWord version too. So, we need to be mindful of footnotes and tables.

I've had much success running PDF's like this through Abby. Abby recognizes the footnotes and keeps them as such in the generated Microsoft Word file. It does well on tables too. And it's OCR of text that's already digitized is virtually 100% accurate. The main reason for going with Abby on this document is so the footnotes stay in tact.

#3 butchylewis

butchylewis

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

Thanks for responding Josh. I'm a little lost on terminology, or how I would go at this. What are you talking about when you speak of "Abby". Sorry, I'm module illiterate.

Edited by butchylewis, 21 July 2013 - 06:15 PM.

#4 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

Thanks for responding Josh. I'm a little lost on terminology, or how I would go at this. What are you talking about when you speak of "Abby". Sorry, I'm module illiterate.

Abby is an OCR (Optical Character Reader) PDF files and scans SHOW letters, but are in reality pictures.  Running them through an OCR program converts the visual images (pictures) into letters and words which can then be edited and otherwise manipulated as a standard document.

Once it gets to that point the work of preparing it to become a module can begin.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#5 butchylewis

butchylewis

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

I dabbled a little with module creation, but don't seem to be able to create them without problems of one sort, or another. So I'll leave it where it is.

If anyone would be interested in the book in e-Sword format, that would be great.

I'm also interested in other writings on inspiration. Especially those uphold the fact that inspiration is related to the original autographs only, not to translations.

#6 James Rice

James Rice

Moderator / Resource Builder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

I've been working on the module. Should have it ready by Thursday.

#7 butchylewis

butchylewis

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

This is an excellent book. I stumbled accross the book by Gaussen by reading books, and pamphlets by Dr. John R. Rice on the subject of the bible. He spoke very highly of Gaussen's work on the subject of Inspiration. Thanks go out to James Rice for making this available for us in e-Sword.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users