Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Found this amazing website

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Christo Janse Van Rensburg

Christo Janse Van Rensburg

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

Children only believe in the tooth fairy because an ammount of authoritive grown ups lied to them about it. People who buy books don't buy then simply because there is no other way of obtaining them, they buy them because they have to buying power to do so and because they want to. If someone copies a book and does not buy it.... chances are he would not have bought it anyway. Chasing ghost "potential" sales is misdirection nothing more.

Lack of sale does not automatically equal lost sale it just equals no sale. If a book is good enough it will have a lot of sales, piracy or no. Note I am not saying you SHOULD or SHOULD NOT pirate. I'm being practical and honest. The dream world in which intelligent people will buy everything in sight for the off chance that it is good that lot's of people seem to live in does not exist. "Voting with your wallet" is a myth as in practice there is no other kind of votes than "yes" and "abstain". The system is rigged in favour of the publishers not the artists.

That being said I repeat, it is best to keep this kind of arguments out of religious works as this situation of all parties thinking they have the moral high ground just keep repeating themselves louder and louder anyway. People on both sides of the matter will only keep preaching to their respective choirs.

Edited by Christo Janse Van Rensburg, 15 July 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#22 LarryG

LarryG

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

deleted by author

Edited by LarryG, 15 July 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#23 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

That can be very dangerous :-)

#24 journey

journey

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

There are only two sides to this matter:  right and wrong with the law telling you which is right and which is wrong. One side is legal and one side is illegal - end of story. Except, most Christians try to obey the law.

Philippians 4:6-7 (KJV)
6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

#25 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

So back to the site that offers some modules that can be convert over to e-Sword.
Has anybody check to see if anything can be converted?

Thanks
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#26 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

Sure most of the content is public domain and can be used. I noticed a few we don't have as modules. 

#27 Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Liking e-Sword

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:34 AM

I've been reading a lot of the forums and they are all very friendly except this one hahaahah!

#28 JesusLives

JesusLives

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

I love watching Christians refuse to take stands on right and wrong. They try to sound "wise" by acting like it is a gray-area issue and pretend to see "both sides". 

It is theft. It is sin. That website only lasted 5 weeks. Why? Because you cannot allow people to steal content, religious or otherwise. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users