Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Looking for a new project

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

I will be able to start my next project in the next couple days or weeks,

I have a to do list but nothing is really screaming at me do me next

anyone have any suggestions 

Added

• Ivan panin numerical english New Testament
  • update liddell scott
  • The Greek Text of:

Beza, Alford, Erasmus, Griesbach, Lochmann

Edited by DSaw, 09 July 2013 - 11:08 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#2 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

Multiple choice is always better than fill in the blank. Which projects were foremost on your list? Maybe seeing an idea will resonate with someone.

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

One huge project that's been asked for repeatedly is the Speaker's Commentary.

I have the 13 PDF files from Google Books--they are a little hard to locate individually in Google Books.

Each PDF is 800 pages of text to be digitized (some portions of pages have the KJV translation on the top part of the page and don't need to be digitized--still its a huge project). And some sections (usually introductions) have a noticeable amount of Hebrew and Greek, requiring recognition of those characters.

How big of a project did you want? :)

Attached File  speakers.png   134.99K   34 downloads

josh

#4 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

Josh

I would like to look at this could you send me a pdf 

added

Josh

Thanks for the link

I'm Looking at Vol 1 of the NT going to process a bunch of pages to see how it may go

Note

have not seen any Greek and Hebrew yet

Edited by DSaw, 09 July 2013 - 06:48 PM.

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#5 Ebed Doulos

Ebed Doulos

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

I do not know if this is a big or small project but I sure wish someone would tackle it.  Volume IV of the Post-Nicene Fathers as it is stored on this site is actually Volume 4 of the Ante-Nicene Fathers.  It would be great if someone would correct that.

Posted Image

#6 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

I do not know if this is a big or small project but I sure wish someone would tackle it.  Volume IV of the Post-Nicene Fathers as it is stored on this site is actually Volume 4 of the Ante-Nicene Fathers.  It would be great if someone would correct that.

Is this the correct volume that is missing

http://www.tertullia...PNF1-04/TOC.htm

#7 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

The speaker's commentary is possibly my next project

I processed about 40 pages of NT vol 1 from the pdf and it will covert to the esword format if the format remains the same throuhout the different volumes

but not being familiar with this commentary and it being such a large commentary I could not get a feel for the overall theology's of the commentary

can anyone give a review of this commentary

Thank You

#8 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,890 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

From Logos: http://www.logos.com...kers-commentary

You might look at key verses to see how they approach them to learn of how this fits with your personal theology. For example, a review of Ephesians 2:8-9 reveals it's probably not Calvinistic. I think everyone has a list of verses they peak at to see how a commentary deals with them.

#9 DoctorDaveT

DoctorDaveT

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Based on the link Josh provided to the Logos comments on the set, it looks like it is a conservative Anglican work. Some of the names I recognized included B.F. Westcott, Alfred Edersheim, Samuel Clark & Henry Wace.

Dave
visit www.DoctorDaveT.com for eSword modules, software tips, & more

#10 johanseb

johanseb

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

I would love to have this module. It´s sold at more or less $ 40, and to have it freely is a blessing. And it has a module (about Apocryphe) from A. Edershime, a deeply christian author.

We in far away countries find e-sword a God blessed instrument to learn more about God´Word. Even with a little english, we acces great resources!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users