Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Nokia lumia windows 8 phone

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Johannes vdZwan

Johannes vdZwan

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationLima - Peru

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

POPULAR

Is there a posibility to install a version of e-sword on the phone mentioned above.

if not is there  another one that has more or less the same funcionality of e-sword.

Thanks a lot in advance.

#2 EarlMelton

EarlMelton

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationLevelland, Texas

Posted 08 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Is there a posibility to install a version of e-sword on the phone mentioned above.

if not is there  another one that has more or less the same funcionality of e-sword.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Swannee,

Sorry, I can't answer the first question. To the second, though, I can recommend Olive Tree. It is most likely available for Win-8. I have used it on earlier versions of Windoze phones, but have had no experience with MS' newest offering. Poke around here and see what you can find:  http://www.olivetree.com/

As with e-Sword, the basic program with KJV -- and several other downloadable versions -- is free, as are several dictionaries, commentaries, and other resources. HTH!

Edited by EarlMelton, 08 June 2013 - 08:44 AM.

#3 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 08 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

I know that pocket e-sword runs on my Palm Treo under Windows 6.5, but I don't know if it will run under 8.

You can find pocket e-sword here  http://www.e-sword.net/pocketpc/

There are also modules there as well as on this site.

Edited by Baunllaw, 08 June 2013 - 11:56 AM.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#4 Searcher

Searcher

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

Sadly, Microsoft does not support Windows Mobile 6.5 or earlier programs on either Windows Phone 7 or 8.  I too greatly lament the fact that I cannot transfer my Pocket e-Sword files to my new Nokia Lumia 521 running Windows Phone 8.  I read that Microsoft provided tools to assist in porting programs, but since Pocket e-Sword is not under development nor supported, I imagine that is not going to happen.  Has there ever been anyone who has started an open source version?

I have created a number of specialized files (such as Interlinears) that run on the pocket version of e-Sword.  Does Olivetree allow you to create your own modules?  How well does it support Greek and Hebrew?  Besides creating Bible modules, can you create dictionaries and commentaries?  Any input and direction would be most appreciated!

Max

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users