Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

KJV+TVM problem

12 replies to this topic

#1 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

When hovering over a strong's number the window opens up with the information.  However, all of the information is not displayed on the screen.  Is there a way to force it to show all info? 

#2 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

What information isn't showing?  What modules have you set up as the default dictionary?  If you don't have the TMV or the BTSCTVM dictionary set as the tool tip lexicon set not all the info will show.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#3 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:15 PM

It flows off the screen at the bottom, info there just too much for the box that opens up.  On a secondary monitor it flows off both top and bottom.

#4 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

By Options tab Strong's # Tooltip can you choose the Lexicon/Dictionary.

And you can download other dictionaries here.

I use "Strong's Hebrew and Greek dictionaries" for both Testaments as default.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#5 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:20 PM

I have info in the box that opens, it is that not all of the info that is available appears in the pop up box.  Some of the time there is info missing both top and bottom but usually it is just info at the bottom that is missing.

Edited by exscentric, 06 June 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#6 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

I have info in the box that opens, it is that not all of the info that is available appears in the pop up box.  Some of the time there is info missing both top and bottom but usually it is just info at the bottom that is missing.

I know what you mean, I can get the same effect if I use 'The Complete WordStudy Dictionary', as it has some long entries. My suggestion would be to contact the developer and see if it is a feature that can be added, or is something that needs fixing.

http://www.e-sword.net/feedback.html

Jon

#7 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Done, just thought someone here might have run into it.  Will post if I find out anything.

#8 Tim Butterfield

Tim Butterfield

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  • LocationDes Moines Iowa

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Since the KJV-TMV is a user created module rather than an official, I'm not certain what sort of response you will receive. 

e-Sword is pretty much Rick Meyer, and the last update we saw was to introduce the i-tablet HD version, it looks like the windows version is not getting much support.

Thus says the LORD, "Let not a wise man boast of his wisdom, and let not the mighty man boast of his might, let not a rich man boast of his riches; but let him who boasts boast of this, that he understands and knows Me, (Jeremiah 9:23-24a)

"Defenders of the faith are inclined to be bitter until they learn to walk in the light of the Lord. When you have learned to walk in the light of the Lord, bitterness and contention are impossible." --Oswald Chambers, in Biblical Psychology from The Quotable Oswald Chambers.

#9 patchworkid

patchworkid

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • LocationOld England

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

Hi

Just to let you know that my study bible set has the TVM as a dictionary and the commentary has the strongs numbers .

I am still re-working the commentary (Neh - Zechariah) to proof read

Thank you
Patchworkid
Merismos the Scriptures with Patchworkid's Study Bible Set<p>http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/, MySword -http://www.biblesupp...tudy-bible-set/

#10 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:06 AM

Response was "Left-click on the number and read it from the Dictionary view."

I knew that but with the resources I have that is very slow at times and then you have to change between the resources contained in +TVM.

Copy and paste into notepad is probably the faster (hover over number and press F4 and then paste).  And then you do not have the link to the Scripture references and need to go back to the Bible and move to the reference.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users