Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Erasmus and beza greek/latin new testaments?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 floridafishartist

floridafishartist

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

hello everyone, I see we have elzivir greek testament, I was wondering if anyone was working on erasmus and/or beza's greek/latin new testaments?

I know google books has the pdf versions for anyone interested in turning these into esword modules,I think they would be great editions to the esword programs.

#2 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:20 AM

Erasmus Greek only is on my to do list but will be some time before I get to it let alone the time to produce it

Greek Texts also on my list  

Alford now in eSword

Griesbach

Lochmann

Edited by DSaw, 20 August 2013 - 04:53 AM.

May God change our hearts to what the truth is

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#3 floridafishartist

floridafishartist

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

thanks.

#4 butchylewis

butchylewis

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 06:23 PM

floridafishartist, I agree with you. Would love to see some Erasmus, or Beza, especially in the Greek. Beza, I would love to see the 1589 version, if for no other reason his hamdling of Rev 16:5. Would also love to see a Old Latin Bible previous to the Vulgate.

#5 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:52 AM

Beza's Greek New Testament is now available here http://www.biblesupp...-new-testament/

2Ti_2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Rom_9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

2Ti 2:24-25  And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 

#6 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

David,

there is some goofy text encoding. First example is at Matt 1:16

Mat 1:16 Ἰáêὼâ äὲ ἐãέííçóå ôὸí Ἰùóὴö ôὸí ἄíäñá Ìáñίáò ἐî ἧò ἐãåííήèç ἸÇÓÏ῀ÕÓ ὁ ëåãόìåíïò ÷ñéóôόò 

Jon

#7 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 15 February 2014 - 06:55 PM

I fixed it and I'm ready to upload

Is that the only thing you found

#8 JPG

JPG

Jon.

• Moderators
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:38 AM

Hi David.

There are many. That was just the first I saw. I will make a list for you a.s.a.p. Here are a few more.

Mat 2:10 Ἰäόíôåò äὲ ôὸí ἀóôέñá ἐ÷άñçóáí ÷áñὰí ìåãάëçí óöόäñá· 
Mat 8:23 Καὶ ἐμάντι αὐτῷ εἰς τὸ πλοῖον, ἠκολούθησαν αὐτῷ οἱ μαθηταὶ αὐτοῦ. 
Mat 8:30 Ἦí äὲ ìáêñὰí ἀð᾽ áὐôῶí ἀãέëç ÷ïίñùí ðïëëῶí âïóêïìέíç· 
Mat 9:7 Êáὶ ἐãåñèåὶò ἀðῆëèåí åἰò ôὸí ïἶêïí áὐôïῦ· 
Mat 19:15 Kαὶ ἐπιθεὶς αὐτοῖς τὰς χεῖρας, ἐπορεύθη ἐκεῖθεν. [there is a Latin K]
Mat 20:11 Ëáâόíôåò äὲ ἐãόããõæïí êáôὰ ôïῦ ïἰêïäåóðόôïõ 

Jon

#9 Katoog

Katoog

e-Sword Fanatic

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:30 AM

An easy way to find all the errors is with a test copy "replace all" the Greek letters and punctuation with nothing: what left are the verse-numbering and the errors.

Restored Holy Bible 17 and the Restored Textus Receptus

https://rhb.altervis...rg/homepage.htm

#10 DSaw

DSaw

Resource Builder

• Members (T)
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:12 AM

I don't understand this, this should not be happening I used a module from esword turned it into a RTF and removed or added what I needed to to Match Beza

I knew about the Latin Letters Opened It in babelpad

I thought I got them all and even checking for Latin lettering

I did not see äόíôåò äὲ ôὸí ἀóôέñá ἐ÷άñçóáí ÷áñὰí ìåãά any where

I also ran the greek fix in T4

David scratches head in bewilderment

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)