Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo

Can E-Sword 10 be used with a Touch Tablet using Windows 8?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 mikecindi

mikecindi

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

I continue to use eS on my MSI Windpad without much difficulty.  There are a few issues with the precision since the eS interface has small icons that are not touch friendly but I can navigate easily enough to keep up in the various church meetings I may be in.  The Windpad has a 10 inch screen.  I have recently "upgraded" to a Toshiba convertible ultrabook (Satellite U925t) but haven't tried eS on it yet.  I have been using the Word without issue as I mostly keep the device in tablet form.  It has a 12.5 inch screen.

#12 FELIX KHAINGA

FELIX KHAINGA

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:41 PM

Can someone advice me which kind of Tablet works well with E-SWORD? Thanks.

#13 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:55 PM

Any full windows tablet with intel based processsor - don't know about atom - don't think so.

I use it on an acer700p with mouse or touch mouse.

#14 turnsouth

turnsouth

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 11:33 AM

Can someone advice me which kind of Tablet works well with E-SWORD? Thanks.

Any tablet that runs the "Pro" version of Windows 8. This is the full version of windows, with Windows Desktop, not the "RT" version.

#15 druemac

druemac

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

I use the samsung 500Tconvertable  laptop with the clovertrail atom. It runs esword and does touch without a problem.The samsung is good because it has the pen which can float over the programme and give references etc without problems of BIG fingers! any of the newer atoms will run well Baytrail and the soon to be released cherrytrail

#16 Searcher

Searcher

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro and have been using the 10.2.1 version of e-Sword on it since December.  It has an Intel processor and Windows 8.1.  The screen is 8 inches and the resolution is 1280 by 800.  I wish there was some way to increase the size of the icons and the tabs, but other than that it works like a champ.  (I too suffer from the BIG finger syndrome!!!)

#17 exscentric

exscentric

e-Sword Fanatic

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:02 AM

Someone mentioned the following and it works on tablets nicely.

http://www.lovesumme...epointer/en-us/

#18 druemac

druemac

New to Bible Support

• Veterans
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro and have been using the 10.2.1 version of e-Sword on it since December.  It has an Intel processor and Windows 8.1.  The screen is 8 inches and the resolution is 1280 by 800.  I wish there was some way to increase the size of the icons and the tabs, but other than that it works like a champ.  (I too suffer from the BIG finger syndrome!!!)

I would be battling with an 8 inch screen!! probably need magnification glasses...The big plus is having the s pen setup which gives the flexibility to make it function..so much better than any app based bible programme wether that is for android or win8 setup for touch

#19 Searcher

Searcher

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

Someone mentioned the following and it works on tablets nicely.

http://www.lovesumme...epointer/en-us/

Thanx!  It works nicely.

#20 Ian Oh

Ian Oh

New to Bible Support

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

Thanx!  It works nicely.

Second that.  

The only problem left is hiding the Reference Tabs.  When using the Dell Venue Pro 8, I would maximize the Bible or the Study Notes... depending on what I'm doing.  But I'm holding onto the tablet and the edges are regularly touched.  Those bookmarks and those Reference Tabs down the right ... they always get in my way.  It would be nice to be able to turn the reference tabs off, like you can the bookmarks. It impacts me because I'm left handed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users