Please read the Forum Rules before posting.

Photo
- - - - -

Jn 3:16 to "For God so loved ...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DeCann

DeCann

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

Hi,

"And it works backwards, converting e-Sword tooltip references to their full (normal) text for publishing material outside of e-Sword."

What are the steps to transform a collection of refs into their text?   

This is a great program.

#2 DeCann

DeCann

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

ToolTip automatically converts verse references to e-Sword format with one of the best algorithms I've ever seen.

And it works backwards, converting e-Sword tooltip references to their full (normal) text for publishing material outside of e-Sword.

This is a huge time saver for making verse references for e-Sword or for other publishing needs.

The method I am using now is to start HotKey, Highlight the refs then ctrl-C.    I defined Alt+' as the hot key and that combo turns all the refs into the actual verses,  Then I can copy/paste the actual verses, not just the refs.

Do I misunderstand Tooltip Tool NT re: the "it works backwards, converting e-Sword tooltip references to their full (normal) text?"

Thank you.

#3 Josh Bond

Josh Bond

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • LocationGallatin, TN

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

Hello,

From the ToolTip menu, Scripture > Full Book Name doesn't do what you need?

#4 TaSwavo

TaSwavo

e-Sword Supporter

• Veterans
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationYorkshire, UK

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

Hello,

From the ToolTip menu, Scripture > Full Book Name doesn't do what you need?

Is there control on the 'full book name' it outputs?

Is it, for example

Genesis

1 Thessalonians

John

or

The First Book of Moses : Genesis

The First Epistle to the Thessalonians

The Gospel according to John

The former makes sense - but is there an option for the latter?

Edited by TaSwavo, 01 May 2013 - 04:43 PM.

#5 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:55 PM

Full Book Name converts references such as Joh_3:16 to John 3:16.  I don't think it would make sense to change Joh_3:16 to "The Gospel according to John 3:16".  Only valid verse references are converted.

There is a utility under the ESM menu,  Ctrl+Alt+Shift+L which sort of works.  It does not work well for compound references (yet?).  If you click on Joh_3:16, it will change the text to John 3:16  "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

You must not have any text selected, just click on the reference, then press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+L (lookup).  I should update this to allow for selections. 

#6 DeCann

DeCann

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

There is a utility under the ESM menu,  Ctrl+Alt+Shift+L which sort of works.  It does not work well for compound references (yet?).  If you click on Joh_3:16, it will change the text to John 3:16  "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Yes,   this is what I was looking for.    I would not have found it without you.    Thank you.

#7 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

I played with this a little this morning, and it will be "improved" in the next release.  It will handle compound references, also either RTF or TXT depending on the mode you have selected.  AND, it will work with a range of text if you select a range.  So, look for this in the next release of T4.

#8 DeCann

DeCann

e-Sword Addict

• Veterans
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 10:06 PM

You are a blessing to us all.  Thank you for the program and all your improvements.  It helps us so very much.

#9 BH.

BH.

Utility Developer

• Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 May 2013 - 02:27 PM

I have posted version 1.77.  Here is a sample of what the Auto-Fill lookup will do.

Before:

This is a test using John 3:16.

After:

This is a test using John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life..

If you have character formatting enabled under ESM in the Copy/Style, it will be included in the auto-fill. 

NOTE - punctuation may need tweaking after an auto-fill.

Before:

John 3:16, and John 17:3

After - note the underlined punctuation:

John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life., and John 17:3  And this is life eternal, that they might know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users